Low-Cal Baked Zucchini is great way to enjoy fried zucchini taste without the guilt. It is delicious dipped in marinara sauce or light ranch.
We love fried zucchini, this is a way that we can enjoy it without the guilt and it is every bit as good! Just a few tips, when you are purchasing or growing zucchini, smaller is actually better! The bigger they get the more flavor they lose. My husband actually worked at a zucchini farm when he was in high school and if they got too big, they couldn’t sell it. I like to cut the it at a bit of an angle so the spears are more like ovals instead of circles. This is great served with some marinara or l light ranch for dipping!
- Line a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine eggs and milk in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Dip each zucchini piece into the egg mixture, then dip into bread crumbs until evenly coated in crumbs. Place zucchini on baking sheet, spray the top of each with cooking/butter spray and then bake in the oven at 425-degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For an added crisp, turn the oven to broil and cook for about 30-45 seconds longer or until golden (watch them closely to prevent burning). Remove from oven and serve hot with ranch dressing or marinara/pizza sauce for dipping.
- *If you really want them fried, you can follow the same preparation instructions but instead of baking: fry in a shallow pan of vegetable oil, turning once to brown on each side.