If you are trying to sneak zucchini into everything you are making this time of year, this Lemon Zucchini Bread is for you. It is smooth, moist, and lemony!
If I hadn’t put the zucchini in myself, I never would have known it was there! I love zucchini and zucchini bread, and I have tried many versions of zucchini bread, but this is the best zucchini bread I have ever had – hands down. I have seriously been eating a slice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is that good. Every time I start to feel a twinge of guilt for eating that much, I remind myself that I’m eating zucchini – and it’s healthy, right?
I got this recipe from my daughter, Kelsey, who got it from Pinterest (of course!). She made it with a zucchini we got from my Mom’s garden. The zucchini was huge – big enough for her to make three different recipes out of it! The credit for this recipe goes to “Like Mother Like Daughter.” Check out their blog here.
I got this darling paper tray to take my photo of the Lemon Zucchini Bread from Pick Your Plum. Pick Your Plum has great deals on a wide variety of fun and unique quality products. I love their site! There are awesome new deals every day – see today’s deal here!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan - or use nonstick spray.
- Blend flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat 2 eggs in another large bowl then add oil and sugar. Blend well.
- Stir in buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Fold in the zucchini until well coated.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold together until well blended, but do not over mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.
- When cooled, spread glaze over the top of the bread.
- Mix powdered sugar, lemon juice, and half and half with a fork until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Add half and half as needed to thicken glaze.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf.