If you are trying to sneak zucchini into everything you are making this time of year, this Lemon Zucchini Bread is for you. It is smooth, moist, and lemony!
Lemon Zucchini Bread
If I hadn’t put the zucchini in myself, I never would have known it was there! I love zucchini and zucchini bread, and I have tried many versions of zucchini bread, but this is the best zucchini bread I have ever had, hands down. I have seriously been eating a slice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is that good. Every time I start to feel a twinge of guilt for eating that much, I remind myself that I’m eating zucchini and it’s healthy, right?
Where Did the Idea Come From?
I got this recipe from my daughter, Kelsey, who got it from Pinterest (of course!). She made it with a zucchini we got from my Mom’s garden. The zucchini was huge – big enough for her to make three different recipes out of it! The credit for this recipe goes to “Like Mother Like Daughter.” Check out their blog here.
Fresh From the Oven
There is something about the smell and taste of baked bread. Whether its a traditional yeast and flour bread, or one of the many other sweet flavored breads, like the ones below, your sense of smell and taste will thank you!
- Cranberry Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl has all the flavors of Christmas in one sweet, rich, easy to make bread.
- Sweet Coconut Bread is moist and delicious with just a hint of almond. Perfect for breakfast, dessert or a sweet treat.
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread is moist, flavorful and doesn’t fall apart! Perfect for toast, sandwiches or any meal.
- Pumpkin Bread — 3 Ways gives some variations on a favorite fall bread.
- Mom’s Zucchini Bread is a tried and true family recipe.
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread for our chocolate lovers out there!
- For a delicious gluten-free zucchini bread, try our Gluten Free Zucchini Bread recipe.
How to make Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan - or use nonstick spray.
- Blend flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat 2 eggs in another large bowl then add oil and sugar. Blend well.
- Stir in buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Fold in the zucchini until well coated.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold together until well blended, but do not over mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.
- When cooled, spread glaze over the top of the bread.
- Mix powdered sugar, lemon juice, and half and half with a fork until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Add half and half as needed to thicken glaze.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf.
- 9x5 inch loaf pan