If you are trying to sneak zucchini into everything you are making this time of year, this Lemon Zucchini Bread is for you. It is smooth, moist, and lemony!
Lemon Zucchini Bread
If I hadn’t put the zucchini in myself, I never would have known it was there! I love zucchini and zucchini bread, and I have tried many versions of zucchini bread, but this is the best zucchini bread I have ever had – hands down. I have seriously been eating a slice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is that good. Every time I start to feel a twinge of guilt for eating that much, I remind myself that I’m eating zucchini – and it’s healthy, right?
I got this recipe from my daughter, Kelsey, who got it from Pinterest (of course!). She made it with a zucchini we got from my Mom’s garden. The zucchini was huge – big enough for her to make three different recipes out of it! The credit for this recipe goes to “Like Mother Like Daughter.” Check out their blog here.
How to make Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan - or use nonstick spray.
- Blend flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat 2 eggs in another large bowl then add oil and sugar. Blend well.
- Stir in buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Fold in the zucchini until well coated.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold together until well blended, but do not over mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.
- When cooled, spread glaze over the top of the bread.
- Mix powdered sugar, lemon juice, and half and half with a fork until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Add half and half as needed to thicken glaze.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf.
- 9x5 inch loaf pan