Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast tastes better when made at home! Try this simple copycat recipe of fresh ingredients in a rich, homemade ginger sauce. Yum!
This recipe tastes just like the Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast, but because you’re using fresh ingredients at home, it’s even more delicious! And you can make this entire dish in the time it takes to order the same thing on-line and pick it up at the restaurant. Next time a Panda craving hits, reach for this recipe instead of the take-out menu. You are going to love it!
Is Panda Express Healthy?
We’re all trying our darndest to stick with those New Year’s Resolutions, right? Panda Express has “Wok Smart” recipes that are all around 200 calories per serving, and this String Bean Chicken Breast Recipe just happens to be one of those recipes. Plus, you can make Panda Express entrees even healthier at home, with low carb and gluten free options (see below).
How to Make String Bean Chicken Breast Low Carb
Watching those pesky carbs? All you have to do is omit the cornstarch in this recipe. You won’t get that thick coating on the chicken or in the sauce, but the flavor is still abundant. Try it and see for yourself. It’s still delicious!
Panda Express Gluten Free
We have several members of our family that need to eat gluten free but just love Panda Express. Unfortunately, Panda doesn’t offer many gluten-free options in their restaurants. However, making Panda Express recipes gluten free is SO EASY when you cook them in your own kitchen. You will just need to make a couple very minor adjustments. You won’t miss eating at the restaurant at all! We will be adding some more Panda Express recipes throughout the year, all with tips on making them GF.
How to Make String Bean Chicken Gluten Free
To make this simple Panda recipe gluten free, make sure you opt for a gluten-free soy sauce and chicken broth. Most all-natural chicken broth is gluten-free, but always double check labels just to be sure.
What is the Difference Between String Beans and Green Beans?
In a word, nothing. They are one in the same. Hericot vert is a different kind of green bean that is very similar, just thinner. So feel free to use haricot vert in this recipe in place of the green beans if that is what you have on hand.
More Panda Express Copy Cat Recipes
Can’t get enough Chinese food options? Neither can we! We’ve come up with variations of our restaurant favorites to make at home. They’re so delicious; we hope you try them all!
- Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat
- Restaurant Ham Fried Rice
- Orange Chicken
- Jared’s General Tso’s Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken
How to Make Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss in cornstarch until each piece is well coated.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in large skillet or wok.
- Add chicken pieces to skillet one at a time, spacing them apart far enough that they aren't touching. Cook for about 5-6 minutes per side or until the outside of the chicken is golden brown and is cooked through all the way.
- Remove cooked chicken from skillet, cover, and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Place skillet back on stovetop over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add onions and green beans to the skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are just cooked through. Do not overcook- the onions should still have some bite to them and the green beans should be bright green.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and stir in the mild ginger soy sauce (instructions below) until chicken and veggies are all covered in sauce.
- Serve immediately with rice or chow mein (links to recipes above).
Panda Express Light Ginger Soy Sauce:
- Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, white wine, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to simmer and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir cornstarch and water together forming a slurry. Slowly add mixture to the sauce, whisking constantly until sauce thickens. You may not need all of the cornstarch mixture.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.
- Fry Pan/Skillet