Restaurant Ham Fried Rice tastes just like your favorite take-out, but with simple, wholesome ingredients you already have at home!
Restaurant Ham Fried Rice
This Restaurant Style Ham Fried Rice tastes just like the rice at your favorite take-out place. As much as I love eating out at Chinese restaurants, it’s just as fun to make a big feast at home to share with my people. It’s easy to make, uses simple ingredients and pairs beautifully with oh so many of our delicious Asian inspired recipes.
My family teases me for being quite picky about my fried rice. I like it moist but not clumpy or sticky. I like simple ingredients, nothing too fancy or complicated. This recipe meets all my expectations! The texture is perfect for picking up with chopsticks without the rice sliding off the end. And the simple flavors combine together creating the ideal side dish for any Asian main course.
Suggestions for Ham Fried Rice
- The beauty of this recipe is there are no fussy ingredients. All you need are things you probably have on hand in your pantry right now. Just some long grain rice, onions and garlic, ham, eggs and a few diced veggies if the mood strikes you and you’re in business!
- Just because I’m picky about my fried rice ingredients doesn’t mean you have to be. Feel free to toss in anything, like shredded carrots, pineapple, baby corn, broccoli, bacon or additional meat.
- If you’re not crazy about ham, this fried rice tastes delicious with shredded or cubed pork, chicken or even shrimp. Or omit the meat altogether for a vegetarian dish. Toss it all together in a large wok and you have a scrumptious side to go along with your favorite Chinese recipes.
- Make a big batch of this rice, because it stays nice and fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week! You can freeze leftovers too; just use freezer safe bags or containers and push as much air out as possible.
- Looking for a gluten free fried rice dish? The biggest obstacle in making this one completely gluten-free is the soy sauce. Most soy sauce brands contain gluten so make sure to read the labels carefully! There are some decent GF soy sauces out there, so check your grocery store.
Main Dishes to Serve with Restaurant Ham Fried Rice
Needing Chinese food ideas to make at home? Pair this delectable rice with some of our Asian inspired recipes and you can have a full-on family style Chinese take-out night for a fraction of the price of going out.
- Jared’s Gerenal Tso’s Chicken
- P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef
- Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat
- Orange Chicken
- Crock Pot Cashew Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken
How to Make Restaurant Ham Fried Rice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat vegetable or sesame oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions to the hot oil and stir until clear and light brown.
- Stir in garlic. When garlic is lightly browned, add ham and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add veggies and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in beaten eggs. Cook until eggs are scrambled and firm.
- When rice is done, add to skillet and mix in thoroughly. Stir in soy sauce, a little at a time. (you can always add more so don't overdo it).
- Serve immediately.