Tired of the same ol’ chicken breast recipes in your current dinner rotation? Try adding a little pizzaz to your plate with these recipe favorites from our readers.
Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken is always a winner for dinner! Boneless skinless chicken breasts are one of the most versatile cuts of meat to work with in recipes. The white meat, when cooked right, makes a tender and juicy main dish. Leftovers are delicious cut up in salads and soups.
It’s definitely easy to get into a rut when it comes to chicken breast recipes. Everyone has their one or two chicken recipes that they like and they just stick with those. If you are seeking some inspiration for some new and exciting chicken breast recipes to try, you are in the right place! We have juicy chicken breasts with unique flavors, ingredients, and sauces. Whether it is on it’s own or over a salad or pasta or rice, the chicken is the star of the meal. These are our top chicken breast recipes here on Favorite Family Recipes. You are going to love them!
Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
Baked chicken doesn’t have to be boring! In fact, if you do it right, baked chicken can be just a juicy and flavorful as fried chicken but healthier. Plus, baking chicken in the oven can be one of the easiest and quickest ways to cook chicken. Instead of just baking chicken plain, it is amazing what some butter, salt, pepper, spice, or lemon juice can do to add a richer flavor. Try pairing some vegetables along side your chicken as it bakes like onions, potatoes, mushrooms, peppers, cauliflower, or corn. Next time you are in a pinch for a quick dinner, give one of these a taste!
- Oven Fried Chicken – this chicken is baked in the oven but comes out crispy and juicy like fried chicken.
- Baked Paprika Chicken – the crisp paprika parmesan baked crust could almost pass for fried chicken!
- Baked Lemon Chicken – sweet and tangy lemon sauce over perfectly baked chicken.
- One Pan Chicken and Veggies – a Caprese style chicken with roasted potatoes and broccoli in one pan.
- Baked Garlic Chicken – crispy and flavorful on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside.
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole – made with rice, chicken breasts, cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup, and seasonings.
- Baked Cranberry Chicken – baked to perfection in it’s own savory sweet cranberry sauce.
Summertime is the season for GRILLING! Switch it up from your typical burgers and dogs and try one of these delicious grilled chicken breast recipes.
- Citrus Avocado Chicken – easy marinade and a simple salsa makes this a satisfying and delicious meal.
- Coconut Curry Grilled Chicken – a combination of two of my favorite meal types, grilling and Indian food.
- Cheesy Grilled Mexican Chicken – a Mexican fiesta in every bite! Spicy flavors and bold color make this a perfect weeknight dinner.
- Grilled Malibu Chicken – grilled to perfection then topped with fresh ham and provolone cheese.
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken – just four ingredients! Perfect in salads, pastas, and sandwiches.
- Big Kahuna Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches – packed with island flavors and topped with sliced ham, grilled pineapple and Pepper Jack cheese.
- Honey BBQ Chicken – perfectly grilled chicken smothered in homemade BBQ sauce.
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken – grilled in a tangy marinade and topped with tomatoes and mozzarella.
Fried Chicken Recipes
Every once in a while, nothing quite beats flavorful, juicy, fried chicken. Whether you like to serve it on its own, with gravy, or on a fresh bakery bun, you just can’t go wrong!
- Chicken Fried Chicken -crisp, breaded chicken smothered in a spicy, creamy gravy.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce – a favorite chicken dish in our family!
- Cap’n Crunch Chicken – a delicious savory sweet crunch, and a flavor unlike anything else.
- Southern Fried Chicken Sandwiches – crispy on the outside, juicy and flavorful on the inside and topped with a crunchy corn slaw.
- Mafa Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce – the strong marinade the chicken soaks in gives it the most amazing flavor.
- Chicken Parmesan – chicken with a crisp, golden crust, zesty homemade sauce and melty cheese.
Chicken Skillet and Pan Cooked Chicken Recipes
Probably the quickest way to cook chicken is by pan frying it in a skillet. You can cut the chicken breast up into pieces like our Panda Express Mushroom Chicken recipe of you can keep it whole like our popular Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Copycat recipe.
- Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet – a delicious and quick meal to feed your whole family!
- Panda Express Mushroom Chicken – tender chicken breasts, hearty mushrooms and signature sauce.
- Chicken Marsala – chicken drenched in a creamy Marsala sauce over fettuccine noodles.
- Stuffed Pesto Chicken – stuffed with feta cheese, topped with pesto and spices.
- Alice Springs Chicken – a yummy cheesy, bacon and mushroom, delicious hot mess.
- Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira – chicken, asparagus, cheese, mushrooms, and incredible sauce.
Air Fryer Chicken
We recently got an Air Fryer and we are obsessed! I love that you can cook things so quickly and so evenly! Chicken is especially good in the air fryer. It cooks evenly and doesn’t get dried out. Check out our list of Air Fryer recipes, or try one of our favorites. We love these Air Fryer French Fries and Air Fryer Donuts!
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders – so crispy and crunchy, you won’t believe they aren’t fried!
- Teriyaki Chicken Air Fryer Bowls – the perfect quick, easy dinner for any busy night.
- How to Cook Frozen Chicken in the Air Fryer – this air fryer method is quicker than the oven and the chicken comes out so well.
Quick and Slow Chicken Breast Recipes
I love Crock Pot and Instant Pot recipes. I also love that they can easily be interchanged depending on how much time you have. You can make a Crock Pot recipe into an Instant Pot recipe and vice versa. Chicken breasts in the Instant Pot typically take about 20 minutes while in the slow cooker they take 2-4 hours on high and 6-8 hours on low. Switch it up and see what works best for you!
Instant Pot Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Chicken
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Gyros
- Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Cashew Chicken
- Crock Pot General Tso’s Chicken
- Southwest Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Dressing Chicken
- Easy Apricot Chicken
Looking for even MORE easy chicken recipes?
Did you know we have over 130 chicken recipes? Find all our chicken recipes here.