Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom brings the beauty and magic of nature to life. Take an up-close look at the incredible nature, colors, and music of this beautiful land.
Pandora – The World of Avatar
During a recent Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, we had the opportunity to get a complete tour of the gorgeous and magical Pandora – The World of Avatar. Disney Imagineers partnered with Avatar filmmakers to bring Pandora to life. The imagery and meticulous details of this land are breathtaking! If you’re planning a trip to Disney in Orlando, Florida here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect as you step into a magical, imaginative world.
What is Pandora – The World of Avatar?
You can completely enjoy yourself in the World of Avatar even if you’ve never seen the movie. In the science fiction film Avatar, Pandora is one of the many moons of a fictional planet and is inhabited by a human-like species called the Na’Vi. Pandora is covered by beautiful rain forests, which are depicted on the grounds of the park. There are two main rides in Pandora and lots of places to eat and shop. Take your time to stroll through the 12 acre park and admire the lush grounds of floating mountains, trees and bio luminescent plants that glow at night.
Avatar Flight of Passage
- Possibly one of the best rides in all of Disney is this one: Avatar Flight of Passage. You will be blown away by the technology, detail and sheer magnitude of this attraction.
- The queue to get on the ride is magnificent on its own. You wander through more Pandora gardens and then go through labs and more majestic settings until you reach the ride.
- Each person rides on a “mountain banshee” for an exhilarating flight through Pandora. I don’t want to spoil it by saying too much, but it is unbelievably realistic and beautiful.
- When planning your next trip to Animal Kingdom, be sure to schedule your Fast Pass for this ride in advance! It you are not able to schedule a Fast Pass, we highly recommend arriving at Animal Kingdom early – at least an hour before the park opens. This is a very popular ride, and wait times can be long.
Na’Vi River Journey
- This relaxing and enjoyable ride is for all ages and takes you on a journey through the bio-luminescent rain forest in search of the Na’vi Shaman of Songs.
- The sights and sounds on this attraction really exceed all expectations. It is like being in a completely different world.
- Again, plan ahead and schedule your Max Pass or Fast Pass!
- Be sure to bring your appetite to Pandora – The World of Avatar. The quick service Satu’li Canteen restaurant features healthy proteins, grains, and vegetables.
- We tried the Sustainable Fish Bowl and the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods and shared a Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse for dessert. Everything was so colorful and delicious!
- Avoid lines by ordering ahead on your Smartphone on the My Disney Experience App. This feature on the app is so helpful and time-saving when you are visiting the Disney parks.
- Pongu Pongu means “Party Party” in the fictitious Na’Vi language. The drink stand features delicious and colorful refreshing blends.
- Try the Night Blossom: layers of apple and desert pear limeade are topped with passion fruit boba balls. It is the perfect combination of tart and sweet.
- The Windtraders shop is the place to find the perfect souvenir from Pandora – The World of Avatar.
- There are all kinds of cool products from the Na’Vi culture like interactive banshee toys and glowing Na’Vi headpieces.
- You can also find science kits, jewelry, trading pins, puzzles, and more.
More Disney Helps
We take our loyalty to Disney very seriously around here and love sharing our tried and true tips with you! Check out some of these helpful posts as you’re getting ready for vacation:
- Planning Your next Disneyland Vacation
- Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World
- Disneyland vs. Disneyworld
- How to Hit All the Big Disneyland Rides in a Day
- Why You’ll Love a Disney Wonder Cruise
The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is a conference by invitation only for Social Media Influencers that we paid a fee to attend. We received complimentary items, special discounts, food, and entertainment so we could experience the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort and the Disney Cruise Line. We were not required to write about our experiences and all opinions are our own.