Toy Story Land is a place where the fun and magic of the Toy Story movies comes to life. All who enter are invited into Andy’s backyard to go on new adventures with the Toy Story characters we know and love.
At the 2018 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration we were delighted to discover more about the vision and creation of the new Toy Story Land coming to Walt Disney World. Woody, Buzz, and all of the toys in Andy’s room have captivated us since the first Toy Story film was released in 1995. Toy Story Land was introduced to us as new land where visitors are immersed in Andy’s world of fun and play. We got a taste of this during the time we were at the conference. Woody, Buzz, Slinky Dog, and the green army men joined us for dinner one night.
A year later, we had the opportunity to attend Disney Creator Days and were able to experience Toy Story Land for ourselves. What a treat! Toy Story Land was everything we dreamed it would be and more. We were astonished by the attention to detail in every experience – the attractions, the food, the personalities of the characters we encountered, and even in the restrooms! Everywhere we went, we were immersed in the fun of Toy Story.
What is Toy Story Land?
Welcome to Andy’s 11-acre backyard! Toy Story Land is an invitation to see Andy’s imagination come to life as he plays with Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Rex, Slinky, and the gang. We are not just observers in the backyard, we are honorary toys that get to be part of the play. This was the vision of Toy Story Land that has now become a reality.
Toy Story Land is colorful, bright, and covered with toys – as every little boy’s backyard should be. Tinkertoys, blocks, games, crayons, little green army men, and Rubik’s cubes are some of the strewn throughout the land.
Even the restrooms are part of the play! Does it get any better than this? Scrabble tiles, building blocks, and dominoes greet visitors that need a little break.
Bob Chapek, Chairman, Disney Parks Experiences and Consumer Products said this at the opening of Toy Story Land, “With this new land, we’re taking what we do best – creating magical experiences – and combining them with the heart, the humor, and the adventure of ‘Toy Story.’” Bob said. “We’ve created an unbelievable place where you will magically transform to the size of a toy, and experience new adventures for the whole family. With new attractions, including the one-of-a-kind Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers, you’re in store for an experience that you will never forget.”
Where is Toy Story Land?
Toy Story Land is inside Disney’s Hollywood Studies theme park at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. If you are familiar with the layout of Disney’s Hollywood Studies, the Toy Story Land entrance is in between “Walt Disney Presents” and “Pixar Place” directly behind the Chinese Theater that you see as you enter Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
What is there to do in Toy Story Land?
In a word – PLAY! There is so much fun to be had in Toy Story Land! There are three attractions to explore, delicious food to eat at Woody’s Lunchbox, and all of the Toy Story characters to meet and play with. Watch out for the little green men! They are so entertaining and they will keep you on your toes!
Toy Story Land Attractions
- Slinky Dog Dash: This family-friendly, one-of-a-kind rollercoaster is the largest attraction in Toy Story Land. Andy sends Slinky Dog on an adventure throughout the entire backyard on his mega-coaster play kit. Slinky Dog takes us, as honorary toys, on the adventure with him as he goes past blocks, under bridges, and through boosts. Jessie and Rex are also there for the fun. This was a favorite ride for our Andie and Gracie. In one night, we went on the ride over 10 times! They couldn’t get enough!
- Aliens Swirling Saucers: Andy saved up all of his tickets at Pizza Planet for this new toy play set that he brought to his backyard We got to board rockets towed by the little green aliens in this attraction. They whipped and whirled us through space as they tried to be captured by “The Claw.” So fun!!!
- Toy Story Midway Mania: The Toy Story Midway Mania experience we already love was given a “plus-up.” A new cue was designed for guests to experience how the game was built and how Andy uses it. It was so fun to go through the cue and see toys and games that we played when we were kids and have long since been forgotten. Candy Land, Monopoly, Lincoln Logs, and the View-Master Reel!
Places to Eat
- Woody’s Lunch Box: Isn’t that the coolest thing ever? Walt Disney World has partnered with Mini Babybel for this walk-up window food and beverage location. It is inside a vintage Woody’s Lunch Box that is leaning up against a book. Andy put it there so he could set up a picnic for his green army men. The menu will includes American classics, old-fashioned soda floats, and Mini Babybel cheese snacks. The Mini Babybel Gouda cheese is my favorite!
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant: A new table-service restaurant will be coming soon to Toy Story Land! It will be a family friendly, rodeo-themed, restaurant offering an immersive dining experience. To learn more, see this article on Disney Parks Blog.
What would Toy Story Land be without Andy’s toys that we have all come to know and love? Of course, Buzz, Woody, Jessie, and all the gang were ready to meet and greet us as we entered their world. They were full of personality and made us feel so welcome during our time in Toy Story Land.
Disclosure: The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is a conference by invitation only for Social Media Influencers that we paid a fee to attend. We received complimentary items, special discounts, food, and entertainment so we could experience the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort and the Disney Cruise Line. We also were invited to attend Disney Creator Days which was hosted by Disney at Walt Disney World. We were not required to write about our experiences and all opinions are our own.