Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World is where the magic of the popular movies comes to life! Visitors are whisked away on new adventures with the Toy Story characters we know and love.
Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World
Welcome to Andy’s 11-acre backyard! Toy Story Land, located inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is a must see! It is bright, colorful, covered with toys, just like every little boy’s backyard should be. And it’s in this backyard where Andy’s imagination comes to life, as visitors are invited to play right alongside Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Rex, Slinky and the gang.
Behind the Scenes of Toy Story Land
Woody, Buzz, and the gang have captivated millions since the first Toy Story film was released in 1995. Disney worked for many years to create an immersive experience for those who love Andy’s imaginative world. We actually got a sneak peek back in 2018 when we attended a Disney Social Media Moms Celebration conference. What a treat! Woody, Buzz, Slinky Dog, and the green army men joined us for dinner one night.
A year later, we had the opportunity to attend Disney Creator Days and experienced Toy Story Land for ourselves. It’s everything we dreamed it would be and more. True to Disney’s flawless attention to detail, we were immersed in the fun of Toy Story everywhere we went! Toy Story Land awaits you, too!
Toy Story Land Attractions
This land is built for one reason: to PLAY! In addition to the Toy Story characters and delicious food to eat, make sure to check out the three awesome attractions that are fun for young and old alike!
- Slinky Dog Dash: This family-friendly, one-of-a-kind rollercoaster is the largest attraction in Toy Story Land. Andy sends Slinky Dog on an adventure throughout the entire backyard on his mega-coaster play kit. As honorary toys, you’ll zoom past blocks, under bridges and through boosts. Jessie and Rex are also there for the fun. It’s a favorite at Disney World, for sure!
- Aliens Swirling Saucers: Andy saved up all of his tickets at Pizza Planet for this new toy play set that he brought to his backyard. Riders board rockets towed by the little green aliens in this attraction. You’ll be whipped and whirled through space as they try to be captured by “The Claw”. So fun!
- Toy Story Midway Mania: The Toy Story Midway Mania experience we already love at Disney’s California Adventure is given a “plus-up” in this attraction. A new queue features details on how the original game was built and how Andy uses it. You’ll also see toys and games that you may have played as kids and have long since forgotten, like Candy Land, Monopoly, Lincoln Logs, and the View-Master Reel! Then you’ll have a chance to experience the carnival themed 4-D ride for yourself!
Places to Eat
Save time in all your playing to fill your tummies at one of two restaurants right inside Toy Story Land:
- Woody’s Lunch Box: Isn’t that the coolest thing ever? Walt Disney World partnered with Mini Babybel for this walk-up window food and beverage location. The Woody’s Lunch Box structure resembles a lunch box leaning up against a book. Andy put it there so he could set up a picnic for his green Army men. The menu includes American classics, old-fashioned soda floats, and Mini Babybel cheese snacks. The Mini Babybel Gouda cheese is my favorite!
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant: A new table-service restaurant is in the works and should be opening soon! The family friendly, rodeo-themed restaurant offers classic barbecue favorites and a completely immersive dining experience. To learn more and for an exact opening date, check out this article on Disney Parks Blog.
What would Toy Story Land be without Andy’s toys that we have all come to know and love? Buzz, Woody, Jessie, and all the gang are on hand to greet visitors all day long. They’re so full of personality and will make you feel welcome during your time in their world.
More Must See Disney Attractions
If you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida there is SO much to see and do! Check out these posts for details on our very favorite and don’t miss places!
- Best Quick Service Restaurants at Walt Disney World
- Disney Parks Discounts and Vacation Planning
- The Best Disney World Restaurants (and how to make reservations)
- Disneyland vs. Walt Disney World
- Pandora- the World of Avatar
Disclosure: The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is a conference by invitation only for Social Media Influencers that we paid a fee to attend. Favorite Family Recipes received complimentary items, discounts, food, and entertainment so we could experience the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort and the Disney Cruise Line. We also were invited to attend Disney Creator Days which was hosted by Disney at Walt Disney World. All opinions are our own.