This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Popcorn is a quick and easy favorite treat at our house! Perfect for family movie nights or a yummy treat to take to a friend or neighbor.
Featured with this recipe
- Ingredients in Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Tips and Variations for the Best Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Fun Additions to Peanut Butter Popcorn
- How to Gift Popcorn
- Storing or Making Ahead Easy Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Delicious Snack Recipes
- How to Make Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe
One of the all-time best snacks, in my opinion, is popcorn. But not everyone knows just how versatile popcorn can be. Caramel popcorn recipes still rank as one of the best go-to treats, but this Peanut Butter Popcorn gives caramel a run for its money. It is so yummy!
This quick and easy popcorn is a favorite around our house. Perfect for a family movie night snack or when I need a quick treat to take to a friend or neighbor. You will love how easy it is to make and how much everyone loves it!
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Popcorn
This is one of the easiest and most delicious treats to make! Make it simple with only four ingredients. The blend of each ingredient creates the perfect combination. This peanut butter mixture is one of the best for caramel popcorn!
- Popcorn – Make it easy and microwave popcorn or use a popcorn machine to have your popped popcorn.
- Brown sugar – Added for sweetness!
- Light corn syrup – This will thicken the caramel sauce.
- Peanut butter – Sweet and salty mixture that is the main event.
Tips and Variations for the Best Peanut Butter Popcorn
Make as little or as many variations as you’d like. This popcorn is going to be the hit of the night! Peanut butter popcorn recipe is a great snack or gift idea.
- Make your popcorn lighter with a light butter or plain popcorn bag.
- Remove all unpopped popcorn kernels before adding the peanut butter topping. No one wants to break a tooth!
- If you are a vanilla fan, add a splash of vanilla extract with the peanut butter sauce.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top the caramel corn.
- Add a dash of sprinkles for holidays or special occasions!
Fun Additions to Peanut Butter Popcorn
As mentioned above, you can drizzle some chocolate over the popcorn to give it some added flavor and to make it look pretty. Sprinkle in some M&M’s, Reese’s pieces, chopped candy bar (Butterfinger is awesome), candy corn or white or dark chocolate chips. Tastes so yummy with additions!
How to Gift Popcorn
To make this a gift, just put it in a clear plastic bag and tie on a cute ribbon! You can make it look fancier by melting a little chocolate and drizzling it over the popcorn after it has cooled. You can put it in a plastic baggie or a take-out style box from a craft store. If making for kids, you can press the popcorn into a ball and put it on a popsicle stick. So many possibilities here!
Storing or Making Ahead Easy Peanut Butter Popcorn
Make this ahead of time or package up your leftovers for the next night. This popcorn does not last too long but it is so good, usually it is gone before you need to store it! Store in an airtight container for two to three days.
“This is our family’s favorite Carmel Corn. (with peanut butter). There is NOT a recipe easier or quicker!!! The peanut butter is not too dominant. I use 3 batches of popcorn though! I also add a little vanilla and dash of salt to the sauce. Thanks for writing this up!!!”-Sharon
Frequently Asked Questions
You can melt the peanut butter before adding it to the caramel mixture.
Add in margarine, confectioners’ sugar, and marshmallows in a saucepan over medium heat. Form into balls to create a delicious treat!
Either butterfly or mushroom popcorn are round. Butterfly popcorn has large bumps and a light fixture that breaks easily. Although mushroom popcorn is rough, it is very round.
More Delicious Snack Recipes
Movie nights, snack time, or just because, these snacks are so simple to make and taste even better! You will love all these flavors and different ideas. These are great for parties and get togethers too!
How to Make Peanut Butter Popcorn
Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Pop the microwave popcorn.
- Remove any unpopped kernels and place in large bowl.
- In medium saucepan combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boil over medium-high heat stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Optional: sprinkle on some M&M's or Reese's Pieces
How to Gift PopcornTo make this a gift, just put in a clear plastic bag and tie on a cute ribbon! You can make it look fancier by melting a little chocolate and drizzling it over the popcorn after it has cooled. You can put it in a plastic baggie or a take-out style box from a craft store. If making for kids, you can press the popcorn into a ball and put it on a popsicle stick. So many possibilities here!
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.