This Christmas Crunch is sweet and salty and EXACTLY what you need this holiday season! It takes less than 15 minutes to put together and it is SO tasty!
This Christmas Crunch recipe is EXACTLY what you need this holiday season! Need gifts for your neighbors and friends? Need to feed a crowd at your holiday gathering? Need something to snack on while you drink hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies in your pajamas? We’ve got you covered! This yummy snack mix takes less than 15 minutes to put together and it is SO tasty! Once you start snacking on this, you won’t be able to stop (in fact, I’m munching on some right now as I am writing this post)! I love the salty pretzels and peanuts mixed with the sweet M&M’s and white chocolate.
What Type of Popcorn to Use
Our favorite type of popcorn to use in Christmas Crunch is Orville Redenbacher Tender White Popcorn. It comes out so tender and fluffy! It also has a really subtle butter and salt flavor, which makes it a great base for this recipe. You don’t want to use any popcorn that has a strong flavor like movie theatre butter or kettle corn. It won’t take the flavor of the white chocolate as well.
Tips for Making Christmas Crunch
Make sure that when you add the popcorn, you don’t add any un-popped kernels — there is nothing worse than biting into one of those! I like to shake the popcorn bag really well so all the kernels fall to the bottom and then add the popcorn by the handful. Let the chocolate cool all the way before you transfer the mix into containers or bags. Store it in a cool, dry place to avoid the chocolate melting.
This is one of those recipes you can really personalize and make your own. Here are just a few ideas for more mix-ins:
- Christmas Cap’n Crunch Cereal
- Any other Christmas Cereal – there seem to be new ones every year!
- Cashews, Almonds, Pecans
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut M&M’s, Peanut Butter M&M’s, Peppermint M&M’s or Pretzel M&M’s
When I bring this snack to my neighbors during the holidays, I like to put it in cellophane bags and tie them up with Christmas-y ribbon. You can also fill a Christmas tin, a Christmas mug, or place it in a resealable plastic bag.
Other Christmas Treats to Try
Looking for more snacks to munch on this Christmas? Try some of our other favorites!
- Mom’s Christmas Caramels
- Muddy Buddies
- English Toffee
- Cherry Chocolate Mice
- Chocolate Dipped Cream Cheese Butter Mints
How to Make Christmas Crunch
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, pretzels, M&M's, and peanuts.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring the chocolate each time, until smooth.
- Drizzle over the snack mix and toss until coated.
- Add sprinkles and toss until evenly distributed.
- Spread over wax paper until cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.