Potato Salad with Bacon
This Potato Salad with Bacon, Gorgonzola, and Dill is definitely up a few notches from regular potato salad when it comes to flavor! I love a twist on a traditional dish! The cooked bacon gives this salad a nice texture and really complements the other flavors. The Worcestershire sauce adds a deep flavor to round out the dish. Top it all of with fresh dill, which adds not only a pop of color, but a pop of bright flavor! It is the perfect side dish for a classier meal or barbecue. It may not be your kids favorite, but the foodies in your life are going to love it!! Make sure to check out our guide to the perfect, easy-peel hard boiled egg!
What is Gorgonzola?
Gorgonzola is a type of blue cheese. It originated in Gorgonzola, Italy! It is made exclusively with cow’s milk, unlike a lot of other blue cheeses which makes it a bit milder. I love putting it on salads, in pasta sauces, and just eating it with fresh fruit! It is especially delicious on our Gourmet Steak Sandwich recipe! I am crazy about the stuff! But even my husband who doesn’t like gorgonzola all that much thought that this potato salad was really tasty.
More Classy BBQ Side Dishes
Looking for a classier side for your next BBQ? We’ve got you covered!
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Pasta Salad
- Roasted Red Caesar Potatoes
- Creamed Peas and Potatoes
- Waldorf Salad
- Fresh Mango & Avocado Coleslaw
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Cups
How to Make Potato Salad with Bacon
- Scrub potatoes, but leave the skins on. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise (from end to end).
- Cut the halves again lengthwise so you have 4 long quarters. Then slice those the opposite direction into lots of 1/4 inch slices. It should give you thin triangle slices of potato.
- Boil the potato slices until cooked but not soft or mushy. Keep testing it with a fork. Hard boil the eggs and cook and crumble the bacon.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients then gently fold in the potatoes, eggs, and bacon.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. The longer you wait, the better the flavor will be!