This is definitely up a few notches from regular potato salad when it comes to flavor! It helps if you are a gorgonzola fan. I am crazy about the stuff! But even my husband who doesn’t like gorgonzola all that much thought that this was really tasty. I think the flavor of the dill balances out the strong flavor that gorgonzola normally has. The cooked bacon gives it a nice texture and really complements the other flavors.
Anyways, this potato salad is the perfect side dish for a classier meal or barbecue. It may not be your kids favorite, but the foodies in your life are going to love it!! For when you are in the mood for traditional potato salad, our Homestyle Potato Salad is amazing! And if you need tips on boiling eggs, we’ve got you covered there too- just click HERE.
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 10 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 to 2 tsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1/3 c. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub potatoes, but leave the skins on. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise (from end to end). Then cut the halves again lengthwise so you have 4 long quarters. Then slice those the opposite direction into lots of 1/4 inch slices. It should give you thin triangle slices of potato.
- Boil the potato slices until cooked but not soft or mushy. I just keep testing it with a fork. Hard boil the eggs and cook and crumble the bacon.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients then gently fold in the potatoes, eggs, and bacon.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. The longer you wait, the better the flavor will be!