This Beef Stir Fry with Noodles can be made in just 20 minutes! Tender beef, fresh veggies, and noodles tossed together in a delicious savory sauce.
Beef Stir Fry with Noodles
This Beef Stir Fry with Noodles can be made in under 20 minutes. It is always a hit with the family! This is another one of those recipes I like to whip up on those busy nights when I just need to get dinner on the table fast. (Be sure to read all the rave reviews in the comments below!) I also love that everything is all mixed into one easy dish for minimal clean-up as well. So many wins with this one! I like to use linguini noodles with this recipe because I think the noodles absorb the sauce really well, but you can use spaghetti noodles or even go a more “traditional” route and try it with yaki soba noodles or even Ramen noodles.
My family loves going out for “Mongolian BBQ” and this tastes a lot like that (especially when you use Yaki Soba noodles). This beef noodle stir fry is MUCH cheaper than going out (you can probably feed your entire family for the same price as one “Mighty Kahn Bowl” (do they have those at every Mongolian BBQ?)
Slicing the Beef:
In these types of dishes I like to slice my beef SUPER thin. Seriously, like paper thin (like at the Mongolian BBQ restaurants). The thinner, the better. To get it like this I will usually use beef that has been previously frozen and only thaw it part way. Just enough that I can slice it with a sharp knife. I also like to cut it on a 30 to 45-degree angle instead of slicing it straight down so I can get it even thinner. You will find that the flavor is better and it is easier for kids to eat. I also think it hold the marinade better.
The sauce for this is a more savory sauce, which I like with beef dishes. If you want it to be sweeter and have a more teriyaki flavor, just add a little pineapple juice and/or a little more brown sugar. I have also heard of people adding cola for a sweeter flavor in the marinade.
If you like this recipe, be sure to try some of our other quick dinner ideas!
- 15-Minute Beefy Noodle Skillet:This 15 Minute Beefy Noodle Skillet recipe is perfect for those busy nights when you need dinner quick. Ground beef and noodles with a creamy, cheesy sauce.
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops:Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops have only 4 ingredients and hardly any prep time! The pork chops slow cook in a delicious creamy savory sauce you will love.
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole:Easy Chicken Casserole isn’t only easy to make, it is easy to clean up! Just throw away the foil lining and cleanup is done. Easiest weeknight dinner ever.
How To Make Beef Stir Fry with Noodles
For the sauce/marinade:
- Combine soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small mixing bowl.
- Place half of the mixture in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, add sliced beef, seal (pressing as much air out as you can), and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add cornstarch to remaining mixture in bowl and stir until smooth, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare linguini noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add steak slices, discarding excess marinade.
- Stir-fry until just browned, remove steak from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the same skillet and stir-fry peppers, onion, carrots, and broccoli until onions become clear and soft.
- Add cabbage and beef to the skillet and cook until cabbage becomes soft.
- When noodles are done cooking, drain and toss with beef/vegetable mixture, adding the reserved sauce mixture. Toss until noodles are coated in sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Fry Pan/Skillet