We’re so excited to share these 35+ dinner ideas with you! Let us help you answer the most asked question, “What’s for dinner?” We’ve also included a BONUS RECIPE for a new favorite dinner of ours – Sheet Pan Fajitas.
With hundreds of dinner recipes to choose from, we gathered more than 35 of our easiest dinner ideas to share with you. These dinners are not only easy, they are delicious and the whole family will love them! For more mealtime ideas, see our 25+ Easy Breakfast Ideas and our 25+ Easy Lunch Ideas.
If you are the cook at your house, we know the question you get asked the most, “What’s for dinner tonight?” Maybe you even ask yourself this question multiple times a day. It’s nice to have some easy dinner recipes up your sleeve so you can have a response. This list of best easy dinner ideas consists of simple to follow recipes with easy to find ingredients and pantry staples. In addition, they are all quick to prepare whether you are making it for the crock pot earlier in the day, or just before dinnertime on busy weeknights.
Quick Dinner Ideas
And we mean quick! All of these recipes can be prepared in 30 minutes or under. Keep ingredients for these meals on hand for nights when you don’t want to be in the kitchen all night. Another tip, save some of these recipes on your phone for those times when you are pondering hitting a drive-thru…again. Run to the grocery store instead, grab a few ingredients, and prepare a healthy, home-cooked meal that everyone will love.
- Sheet Pan Fajitas (recipe below)- You’ll never make fajitas the same way again. This oven method makes cooking and clean up so much easier!
- French Bread Pizza – Dinner can be done in a snap! Buy a loaf of French bread and top it with all of your favorite pizza herbs and toppings, like garlic, mushrooms and fresh basil.
- French Dip Sandwiches – This meal comes together so fast. The broiled sandwich with deli roast beef and melted cheese is dipped in a hot au jus. Serve with fresh veggies on the side.
- Lemon Spaghetti – Kids love this flavorful dish, and pasta recipes are super easy to put together. Add a garden salad for a delicious vegetarian meal.
- Walking Tacos – It doesn’t get any easier than walking tacos. Seriously! Add ground beef, cheese, and taco toppings to an individual size bag of crushed up Doritos. You can walk and eat at the same time!
- Hawaiian Haystacks – This was a family favorite when we were kids. A creamy chicken sauce is served over rice, and then topped with colorful fruits, veggies, and coconut flakes.
- 15 Minute Beef and Noodles Skillet – This 15 minute, one skillet dinner, is hearty, cheesy, and delicious. And yes, it really is ready to serve in 15 minutes!
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta – If you love the combination of shrimp and pasta, this dish is for you. The Cajun sauce is creamy with just a little kick.
- More Quick Dinner Ideas
Easy Crock Pot Dinner Ideas
Thank the heavens for whoever invented the slow cooker! It is a lifesaver for busy parents that want to put a hot meal on the table at the end of the day. If you have kids, you after school until dinner is the craziest time of day! That’s when homework, errands, lessons, and practices all seem to happen. Don’t you feel so empowered when you have dinner already cooking? Prepare these meals in the morning or at lunchtime, and then relax knowing dinner is done.
- Crock Pot Lasagna – The best part about this lasagna is you don’t have to cook the noodles! They cook right along with everything else.
- Crock Pot Cashew Chicken – In addition to being delicious, this Crock Pot Cashew Chicken cooks up in a snap! You can have in the crock pot faster than you can drive to the nearest Chinese restaurant.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup – All of the raw ingredients go in the slow cooker, and a delicious soup awaits for dinner.
- Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs – With homemade meatballs, pineapple chunks, and a tangy sweet sauce, you are gonna love it!
- Crock Pot Steak and Gravy – This tender steak and flavorful gravy recipe only has 3 ingredients! Serve it over rice or mashed potatoes.
- More Crock Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Dinner Ideas
The Instant Pot is another life-saving kitchen appliance for those of us who love good food, but don’t have a lot of time. Pressure cooking usually takes about half the time as baking time in the oven or simmering time on the stove. Most recipes can be adapted to work in the Instant Pot, but figuring it out can be a little tricky, and not all ingredients cook the same. These meals are family-tested and approved for the Instant Pot, guaranteeing a dinnertime win.
- Chicken Alfredo – This Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is a low-maintenance, weeknight dinner that tastes incredible! You just throw everything in the pot and then walk away.
- Beef Stroganoff – Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is a comfort food staple that your whole family will love. Using your Instant Pot makes it easy to get fork-tender beef and a rich savory sauce in a fraction of the time.
- Easy Apricot Chicken – This no-fuss recipe only has 5 ingredients, so it comes together pretty fast. The chicken is moist and full of flavor.
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches – Cook up this delicious pork in a snap, and after that add it to a bun for sandwiches or serve over rice.
- Instant Pot Meatballs – These Instant Pot Meatballs are the easiest way to make meatballs EVER. No browning or sautéeing. Just throw them in the sauce uncooked and let the Instant Pot do the rest!
- Instant Pot Gumbo – Loaded with sausage, chicken and shrimp, this gumbo is bursting with Creole flavors!
- More Instant Pot Recipes
Dinner Casserole Ideas
What do you think of when you hear the word casserole? If you think of throwing all the leftovers in a 9×13 pan and baking it in the oven, think again. These casseroles are baked with textures and flavors that delight even the pickiest of eaters. There is a reason casseroles are a popular staple for dinner, and have been for decades. Similar to the Crock Pot, casseroles can be prepared before hand and usually bake for 30-45 minutes. Meanwhile prepare a salad, set the table, help the kids with homework – or better yet, take a hot bath or watch your favorite show on Netflix.
- Easy Chicken Casserole – Easy Chicken Casserole lives up to its name because it is easy to make, easy to eat and easy to clean up!
- Breakfast Casserole – Breakfast for dinner is the best! You’ll love this dish full of eggs, hash browns, sausage, and cheese.
- Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole – Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole combines all the flavors of the big meal in a simple, easy to make, never dried out dish.
- The BEST Tater Tot Casserole – The Best Baked Tater Tot Casserole is comfort food reminiscent of your childhood. Creamy beef topped with crisp tater tots and lots of cheese. It’s a family dinner hit!
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole – This casserole is made with rice, chicken breasts, cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup, water, and seasonings. It’s easy and comforting!
- Baked Mac and Cheese with Broiled Tomatoes – Three cheeses, broiled tomatoes, and a crunchy Panko topping take this childhood favorite up a notch.
- More Casserole Recipes
Dinner Ideas for Special Occasions
Having the in-laws over for dinner? Inviting friends over for the holidays? We have more ideas for those times you want to prepare something extra special. The majority of these recipes are still easy to prepare, but it will take a little more time and planning to add some fancy sides and even desserts.
- Sunday Dinner Ideas – There is nothing better than gathering the family around the table for a delicious, traditional Sunday dinner, and these dinner ideas are perfect for warming hearts and filling hungry tummies.
- Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas – A classic Thanksgiving meal is at your fingertips with these mouthwatering Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas. Choose from any of these simple recipes below for your complete holiday feast.
- Christmas Dinner Ideas – Ah Christmas, the season of family, tradition, gifts and good food. Create a beautiful and memorable Christmas dinner for your loved ones with these delicious recipes.
- Easter Dinner Ideas – These traditional Easter dinner ideas are sure to make your family Easter dinner a big success. You can’t go wrong with any of these tried-and-true recipes.
- Halloween Dinner Ideas – Make your Halloween night extra spooky this year by trying out one of our fun Halloween Dinner Ideas.
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut chicken, peppers, and onion into lengthwise slices, and place in a large bowl. Add fajita seasoning packet, olive oil, and lime juice. Mix until chicken and veggies are evenly coated.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread chicken and veggies out in a single layer over the tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with tortillas and any desired toppings. We like guacamole, sour cream, cheese, salsa, and fresh lime juice.
- Optional: During the last 10 minutes of cooking, wrap tortillas in foil and place in the oven with the Sheet Pan Fajitas to warm.