This Beef with Snow Peas is a light and easy recipe! Tender marinated beef and crisp peas go perfectly over rice or noodles for a delicious weeknight supper.
Beef with Snow Peas
Beef with Snow Peas is one of those dinners I plan for and look forward to all week! It’s an absolute favorite. The tender sirloin or flank steak, sliced super thin and then marinated with garlic and soy sauce is then paired with vibrant, crisp snow pea pods for a filling, yet light meal that just melts in your mouth. I love it served over fluffy rice or steamy noodles, with extra sauce for drizzling. This dish has an Asian flair with regular ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. No fussy spices or anything! It’s mild enough for the young ones in your family too; my kids love the snow peas and eat them plain. This is a quick, healthy dinner for even the busiest of weeknights!
What Beef to Use in this Recipe
I like to use a couple of good beef sirloin steaks and slice them as thinly as possible. But flank steak or skirt steak will work wonderfully too. The longer you marinate the beef, the more tender and flavor-filled it becomes. For even more tender steak, make sure to slice against the grain, and very thin. The slices of steak will cook up really fast and are never tough.
What Are Snow Peas?
Snow Peas are similar to sugar snap peas. The whole crispy pod can be cooked and eaten or eaten raw. Plus they’re so good for you! Snow peas are a terrific source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, iron, magnesium, and other nutrients. I love them on top of a green salad or in stir fry recipes. When cooked on a high heat for a short period of time they turn a bright green. They add a sweet flavor and crunchy texture when they aren’t overcooked. Just chop the tops and bottoms of the pea pods off and cook for just a couple of minutes. Perfection.
What to Serve with Beef with Snow Peas
I love serving this beef over simple rice or egg noodles or any of these mouth watering recipes:
- Easy Garden Vegetable Rice
- Restaurant Ham Fried Rice
- Easy Lemon Rice
- One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles
- Two Minute Thai Peanut Noodles
- Beef Stir Fry with Noodles
How to Make Beef with Snow Peas
Beef with Snow Peas
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth, and garlic. Reserve ¼ cup. Place beef in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add remaining soy sauce mixture; seal and mix. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Place cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir in reserved soy sauce mixture until smooth; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry snow peas in 2 tsp hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until snow peas are crisp-tender and bright green. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. In same skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 2 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Combine with snowpeas. Serve with rice (serve with brown rice if you want to be really healthy!)