These Candy Bar Hot Chocolate Recipes are a must during the winter months. Almond Joy, Reese’s, and Twix flavorings are sure to please any chocolate lover!
In our family, we take our hot chocolate very seriously. When we were growing up, we had hot chocolate almost every day for breakfast. Our mom still has her morning “cup of cocoa” (her equivalent of coffee) every day.
Not even kidding, it can be 120-degrees out and she will still have her hot chocolate – not that that’s a bad thing. We ALL love our hot chocolate, and we love getting creative with it. In the winter, I love having “hot chocolate bars.” Think ice cream sundaes with all different toppings to choose from, but with hot chocolate instead. These Candy Bar Hot Chocolate Recipes are perfect for holiday parties, birthday parties, bridal and baby showers, book club, etc. We had a hot chocolate bar just last night for my daughter’s birthday!
For these candy bar hot chocolate recipes you can use your typical packaged powder mix, but I am including a homemade hot chocolate in case you want to make it from scratch. You can also use our recipe for hot chocolate powder mix HERE. You can use whatever “base” recipe you want and then use the candy bar mix-in’s for each individual 8-oz serving. I am doing it this way so if you are doing a “hot chocolate bar” you can instruct your guests how to flavor their own individual cups.
How to make Candy Bar Hot Chocolate
Candy Bar Hot Chocolate - Almond Joy, Reeses, and Twix
Combine cocoa, sugar and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Stir in boiling water.
Bring to an almost-boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes.
Stir in milk and heat until hot (do not bring to a boil-- just until it is hot).
Remove from heat and add vanilla and cream.
Pour into 4 separate mugs, allow to cool to drinking temperature and serve.
- Stir in Cream of Coconut and amaretto. Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and coconut flakes
- Stir in peanut butter. Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup/butterscotch and Reese's crumbles
- Stir in caramel topping, top with whipped cream, caramel topping and/or chocolate topping and serve with Twix bars.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
- MAYAN Hot Chocolate – Inspired by the movie “Chocolat,” this Mayan Hot Chocolate uses bittersweet chocolate and just a pinch of cayenne pepper to give it a kick. Don’t judge it until you try it!
- UNICORN Hot Chocolate – This hot chocolate recipe will make your childhood dreams come true! You can’t help but smile when drinking it.
- CANDY CANE Hot Chocolate – This is the perfect drink for cold winter days! I love the sweet and creamy white chocolate with a hint of peppermint and the melty crunchy candy cane pieces mixed in.
- FROZEN Hot Chocolate – This recipe tastes just like the frozen hot chocolate at Dairy Queen. It is cold and frothy, but has all the delicious chocolate taste of a hot cup of cocoa.