I LOVE this Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe. In my high school years I loved going to Dairy Queen and getting these rich, creamy, chocolatey treats!
Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
Tips for Making and Serving Frozen Hot Chocolate
Other Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- Candy Bar Hot Chocolate – Three Different Ways
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Mayan Hot Chocolate
- Hot Chocolate Mix
How to Make our Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 5 oz chocolate we like Marabou from Ikea and/or a few different kinds of Ghiradelli
- 2 tsp. hot chocolate powder mix I like to use Stephens-brand hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3 c. ice to make it a little more rich, use frozen milk cubes
- *Whipped cream see below or store-bought
- Chocolate shavings
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a double boiler or a small saucepan over med-low heat. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until blended. Remove from heat, slowly add half a cup of the milk, and stir until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature. In a blender, place the remaining cup of milk, the chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into cup or mug and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Combine the cream and vanilla and mix well. With an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, start whipping the cream on medium speed. Add the corn syrup slowly while beating. Whip until the cream holds soft peaks.
- Blendtec Blender