Carne Asada Burritos:
There is a little taco truck close to where we live that has THE BEST carne asada burritos. One thing that the taco truck guy does that I love is he adds shredded cabbage instead of shredded lettuce. It makes all the difference. I had to add cabbage to this recipe! Yum!
Carne Asada Burritos
- Flour tortilla shells I like the raw tortilla shells that you cook yourself
- 2 lbs carne asada or skirt steak sliced very thin
- 1/4 c. adobo sauce not adobo paste, if you can't find adobo sauce, buy canned chilis in adobo sauce, drain, and use the sauce
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. beef broth
- 4 oz can diced chilis
- 2 Tbsp diced jalapeno canned is fine
- 1 onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 7 shakes green Tabasco sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
Combine marinade ingredients.
Add the beef to the marinade separating slices of beef so they get evenly covered.
Place meat and marinade in a sealable container or zip-top bag (with the air squeezed out and seal it tightly).
Allow to marinate overnight, or atleast 6-8 hours.
Heat grill to medium high heat and place meat on grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side. The beef is thin and will cook quickly.
Layer carne asada on tortilla shells and add any or all of the garnishes. Roll up into a burrito and serve!