Grilled Carne Asada
There is a little taco truck close to where we live that has THE BEST carne asada burritos. The taco truck serves shredded cabbage instead of shredded lettuce on their Carne Asada burritos. It makes all the difference. I had to add cabbage to this recipe! Yum!
Carne Asada Marinade
One of the secrets to this delicious recipe, is the marinade. Made with jalepenos, garlic, cilantro, soy sauce, vinegar and more, there is so much flavor in this marinade! The process of soaking meat enhances the flavor of the meat. Generally marinades use an acid — like vinegar or citrus juice — to change the surface texture. You can marinade all kinds of meats, but in the case of this Mexican dish, having the marinade on beef turns it from a regular meat into a over-the-top flavorful meal.
Something on the Side
We’ve got things started for you with this delicious meat. But if you want to turn this meat into a meal with any of the following side dishes.
- Sweet Corn Cakes (Tamalitos) are a sweet, yet savory side to any Mexican feast. Bursting with flavor and creamy, plus they’re so easy to make!
- Cheater Restaurant Style Refried Beans are amazing served with any Mexican dish. Creamy consistency and delicious flavor.
- Easy Chicken Flautas are a great dinner if you don’t have a lot of time, but still want a family-pleasing meal.
How To Make Grilled Carne Asada
- 2 pounds carne asada or skirt steak sliced very thin
- 1 onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 bunch bunch cilantro stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced chilis
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce (see recipe notes)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce green
For Carne Asada Burritos
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Add the beef to the marinade separating slices of beef so they get evenly covered.
- Place meat and marinade in a sealable container or zip-top bag (with the air squeezed out and seal it tightly).
- Allow to marinate overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high and place meat on grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side. The beef is thin and will cook quickly.
For Carne Asada Burritos
- Layer carne asada on tortilla shells and add any or all of the garnishes. Roll up into a burrito and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are for Grilled Carne Asada only and do not include burrito toppings.