These Chicken Flautas are a great dinner if you don’t have a lot of time but still want a family-pleasing meal. I love dipping these in sour cream or salsa!
Chicken Flautas are surprisingly filling and one batch goes a long way. It can feed a family for dinner or you can freeze/refrigerate for snacks throughout the week. Little kids will only eat one for a snack after school, but teenagers will eat a lot more! It’s a much better after school snack than if my kids went for something loaded with sugar. With all the cheese and chicken inside these are loaded with protein. We love dipping Chicken Flautas in sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and/or ranch dressing.
Chicken Flautas are also a great game day food. They can be eaten with your hands and they aren’t messy. I like this recipe for using up leftover chicken. It can also be made up even quicker with canned chicken. Check out the video below to see how easy these are to make!
This recipe reminds me of the Chicken Flautas you can buy pre-packaged at Costco. They are convenient to purchase already made, but there are some advantages to making your own at home. First, making your own are definitely a healthier option. These Easy Chicken Flautas are baked, not fried. You can also use a variety of tortillas if you are trying to cut back on calories or have a gluten allergy. Corn tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, and low carb tortillas can all be used in this recipe. Second, making your own at home is more economical. The last time I looked at my Costco, a package of 16 flautas cost $9.49. You can make a lot of flautas at home for that amount!
More Easy Mexican Recipes
We have some other EASY Mexican recipes that I would highly recommend if you like our Easy Chicken Flautas. I use our Restaurant Style Refried Beans and our Restaurant Style Mexcian Rice for side dishes every time I make Mexican food at home. We honestly never make a Mexican dish without these two sides anymore. Some of my other favorite Mexican dishes are our Carne Asada Burritos and our Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas.
These Chicken Flautas are a great dinner if you don't have a lot of time but still want a family-pleasing meal. I love dipping these in sour cream or salsa!
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, salsa, and salt & pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Mix together well.
- Evenly distribute chicken mixture over each tortilla, making a line down the middle of each tortilla and then rolling them up tight.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray (or use a silpat).
- Place rolled up tortillas evenly spaced on the cookie sheet (seam side down) and spray cooking spray generously over the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tortillas become golden-brown.