This Salsa Fresca Pico de Gallo is definitely my go-to pico de gallo recipe. It has never failed me. It always comes out perfect and I LOVE how fresh it is! This is the pico I use every time I make any of my Cafe Rio/Costa Vida recipes. Be sure to use a really sharp knife when dicing your tomatoes and onions so you can dice them really small. In my opinion, the smaller the dices, the better!
To make this extra delicious, some mashed avocado (or even diced avocado) to make guacamole! Stir it in gently because you don’t want to mash your tomatoes. To see ALL of our Cafe Rio recipes click HERE.
How to Make Pico de Gallo
- 5 tomatoes vine-ripened, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt or to taste
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped (if you aren't big into cilantro, use 1/2 bunch)
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeno chopped, go ahead and use the canned, it works best
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 5 shakes green Tabasco sauce
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss diced tomatoes with Kosher salt until salt is evenly distributed.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together well.
- If you decide to refrigerate the salsa to allow flavors to combine, be sure to let it get to room temperature before serving (trust me, it is better at room temp)!