These Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are a MUST for carrot cake lovers! You will love the frosting. So many delicious flavors in one little cookie!
Carrot Cake Cookies
If you are a carrot cake or a cookie fan, you are going to LOVE these carrot cake cookies! The cream cheese frosting on the top is so yummy! We have made these with raisins and without and both ways are really good. Plus, there’s just something wonderful about taking carrots and making them into cookies! Best kind of veggies 🙂
Are Carrot Cake Cookies Healthy?
As much as you want to think the carrots in these cookies will magically make them healthy, that’s not really the case. It has all the shortening, flour and sugar that you’d expect from a regular cookie. However, with the rolled oats, carrots and raisins, this is a more filling cookie. So perhaps your craving for something sweet will be satiated more quickly. Even if they don’t, moderation will help you enjoy this yummy treat, even if they can’t be considered “health food.”
Round Out the Plate
These Carrot Cake Cookies are a great addition to any plate of goodies to share with family and friends. Here are a few other cookies you might want to consider adding to the plate.
- Graham Cracker Cookies with Coconut taste like the Samoa Girl Scout Cookies at a fraction of the calories, and the cost.
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are gooey, fudgey with toasted marshmallows on top. You will want to lick the sticky off your fingers. They’re that good!
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies are a satisfying after school snack. It hits the sweet spot, with some protein to make it filling.
- Very Best Lemon Bars are a tart, lemon layer cookie with a dusting of powdered sugar. Delicious!
How To Make Carrot Cake Cookies
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (1 cup carrots and 1/2 cup zucchini also works)
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Using a stand mixer or large bowl with hand beaters, mix shortening, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and milk together.
- Add in remaining cookie ingredients and mix at a low speed until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Blend cream cheese, butter, milk, and vanilla together.
- Stir in powdered sugar until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- When cookies are cooled, scoop the frosting into a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in one of the corners. Pipe some of the frosting onto the top of each cookie.
- Kitchenaid Mixer