These Carrot Cake Cookies are a MUST for carrot cake lovers! You will love the cream cheese frosting. So many delicious flavors in one little cookie!
If you are a carrot cake or a cookie fan, you are going to LOVE these carrot cake cookies! The cream cheese frosting on the top is so yummy! We have made these with raisins and without and both ways are really good.
Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 c. shortening
- 1 1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. milk
- BEAT UNTIL CREAMED THEN ADD:
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 c. shredded carrots I did 1 c. carrot and 1/2 c. zucchini
- 1/2 c. raisins optional
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- Mix the cookie ingredients at a low speed, just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While baking, beat together the cream cheese frosting ingredients. When cookies are cooled, scoop the frosting into a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in one of the corners. Pipe some of the frosting onto the top of each cookie.