This Classic Carrot Cake recipe uses crushed pineapple to give the cake a rich, moist texture. Smooth cream cheese frosting gives it just the right balance of sweetness. A true classic recipe passed down in our family for years. If you’re looking for the perfect carrot cake, look no further!
Classic Carrot Cake
This Classic Carrot Cake recipe comes directly from our Mom’s cookbook. This recipe is part of my childhood, part of our family’s history. The hearty, moist cake is chock full of delicious coconut, pineapple, shredded carrots, nuts and cinnamon. The cream cheese frosting is light, fluffy, perfection. Our annual Easter meal wouldn’t be complete without a slice of this dreamy cake, and it’s actually much easier to make that it seems. You can turn it into a luscious layered cake, cupcakes or bake in a bundt pan. Any way you bake it, you will love it! This is the classic carrot cake recipe you’ve been searching for!
Tips for Perfect Cream Cheese Frosting
Perhaps my very favorite part of this cake is the fluffy, rich cream cheese frosting on top. Follow the recipe HERE, or read on for some tips to making the very best frosting:
- Make sure your cream cheese and butter is at room temperature.
- Whip the cream cheese and butter together for a few minutes to make it light and fluffy before adding any other ingredients.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, a little at a time, mixing constantly.
- If it’s too thick, add about a teaspoon of milk at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- I like to add the vanilla at the end, then beat on high for about three to five minutes or until it’s nice and fluffy.
- Spread on top of the cooled cake, and add a little bit of the crumble mixture on top if you like.
More Classic Cake Recipes
From birthdays to holidays to weekend gatherings, nothing brings people together than a beautiful cake! Try a few of our favorite recipes and share them with your family and friends.
- Coconut Cream Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- Ridiculously Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Pumpkin Poke Cake
- Raspberry lemon Jello Poke Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat
- How to Make Cheesecake
How to Make Classic Carrot Cake
- Beat eggs well; then add the next seven ingredients and beat well until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut, nuts, pineapple, and carrots with a mixing spoon.
- Pour into a greased 9" x 13" cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- When cake is slightly warm, spread with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a stand mixer (a hand mixer works fine) using the whisk attachment, combine cream cheese and butter and whip on medium speed until well combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach desired consistency. Add vanilla.
- If it seems too thick and not creamy enough to spread, add a little bit of milk (about 1/2 tsp at a time) until desired consistency is reached.
- 9x13 inch pan
- Hand Mixer