This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Chick-Fil-A frosted lemonade is the perfect summertime treat! Creamy and refreshing with only TWO ingredients!
Featured with this recipe
This Chick-fil-A frosted lemonade recipe is one of my favorite treats for hot summer days. Don’t get me wrong, I will never say no to lunch at Chick-fil-A. The chicken sandwich with waffle fries and Chick-fil-A sauce is a match made in heaven. However, I don’t live near a Chick-fil-A right now and I have resorted to trying some copycat recipes. I knew I had to try to make one of these refreshing drinks at home!
This frozen lemonade is not quite a milkshake, but not quite a slushy. It is perfectly in the middle with tart lemon flavor and creamy vanilla. Make a big batch of these copycat chick-fil-a frosted lemonades during the hot summer months and enjoy them in the winter when you need a little sweetness in your life! It seriously takes 5 minutes to whip up and it tastes just like the real thing!
Ingredients for Homemade Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
With only two main ingredients you know you can’t go wrong with this chick-fil-a frosted lemonade recipe! It is a smooth, creamy texture, and full of lemony zest. Everyone loves a delicious frosted lemonade and this one is sure to please the crowd!
- Vanilla Ice Cream – I like to use a creamier brand like Tillamook or Edy’s, but you can use any vanilla ice cream! Make sure you keep it in the freezer right up until you add it to the blender. You want it to be really cold.
- Lemonade – Fresh squeezed lemonade mixture is the best for this recipe. I like the Trader Joe’s brand or Newman’s Own Lemonade. Simply Lemonade works great too! You can also use homemade lemonade, made from fresh lemon juice, sugar, and water.
- Lemon Zest (Optional) – If you are a lemon-lover, like me, then you can add in the zest of one lemon to really bring out the tart lemon flavor! Remember when zesting to stop when you see white. The white part of the lemon rind is really bitter.
How to Make Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
It has just the right ratio balance of sweetness to tart with that savory combination! A light and tasty frosted drink that is simple to make and comes together easily in the blender. Kids to adults love this frosted lemonade drink in a glass cup with a straw!
- Blend together – Add all ingredients to the blender and pulse until combined.
- Serve – Pour into some fancy glasses and serve with a colorful straw. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
This simple, two-ingredient frosted lemonade copycat recipe is perfect just the way it is. However, you can definitely change things up and try different flavors. Use different lemonade flavors like strawberry lemonade, raspberry lemonade, or blackberry lemonade.
Simply Lemonade makes a peach lemonade that would be like the perfect blend of the Chick-fil-A Peach Milkshake and the Frosted Lemonade! You can also use different citrus juices like limeade or even orange juice, almost like an Orange Julius. If you are now craving an Orange Julius, try our recipe! It is so good!
The consistency of your frozen lemonade depends partially on how long you blend it. If you like a thicker drink, stop blending just after the ingredients are combined. If you like a thinner drink, blend for a little longer, until it reaches your desired consistency.
Don’t worry, if you do over-blend and you want it to be thicker, then you can add in a few ice cubes at a time until you get the consistency right for this frosty beverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frosted lemonade is a cross between a vanilla milkshake and regular lemonade. We make it with lemon juice or lemonade and vanilla ice cream.
Let’s do the math! A frosted lemonade at Chick-fil-A costs $4.49 before tax, as of June 2022. I bought a half gallon of vanilla ice cream for $4.39 and a 52-ounce bottle of Simply Lemonade for $2.58. I was able to make 4 servings for $6.92. Four purchases of frosted lemonade at Chick Fil A would have cost $17.96 + tax. So I would say yes!
This lemonade drink has a tart lemon flavor. If you like sweeter lemon flavors, you can add a little bit of vanilla extract. You can also omit the lemon zest. It is a thirst-quenching drink!
Make Ahead Frosted Lemonade Recipe
Unfortunately, this copycat frosted lemonade recipe is best made right before being enjoyed. If you plan to make it a few hours or even a day ahead of time, place it in the freezer until ready to drink. The drink consistency may be off and needs to be reblended until mixed together again.
More Delicious Drink Recipes
Try some of our favorite drink recipes that are beyond delicious! With warmer months in the season, it is always nice to cool down with a favorite drink in hand. We always love these chilled beverages and the nice thing is, they will feed a crowd! Invite over your friends and family to join in on a delicious beverage that is full of flavor!
How to Make Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemonade
- zest of one lemon (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and pulse until combined.
- Pour into glasses and serve. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.