We have made this Orange Julius Copycat Recipe since we were kids. For an added twist, try adding fresh strawberries, raspberries, and/or pineapple!
Orange Julius Copycat Drink
We always loved to make these Orange Julius drinks when we were little. I mean REALLY little. I remember having to climb up on the counter to reach the blender. Maybe our love for cooking stemmed from this simple recipe. Who knows?
Anyway, these are SO easy to make and they don’t make a big ol’ mess. Plus my kids LOVE it! I actually like this version better than the real Orange Julius. I don’t know why. This way makes it more like smoothie. For an added twist, try adding fresh strawberries, raspberries, and/or pineapple!
Some Suggested Variations
We love when our readers share their variations with us. Then we can all try something new! One idea is to mix things up on this Orange Julius and make it a Lime Julius instead. One reader suggested this saying you can use lime juice concentrate instead of orange and omit the vanilla. Some other suggestions include using grape or cranberry frozen concentrate instead of orange. So many possibilities!
Another helpful reader suggested cutting down on the concentrate by replacing the bulk of the concentrate with 1 C milk, 1/3 C sugar, 1 orange peeled and 1 Tablespoon of orange juice concentrate. Then you blend and mix with ice cubes until you reach your desired consistency.
Drink Up! Even More Beverages to Enjoy
Although the nostalgia of the Orange Julius copycat keeps us coming back for more, there are several other drinks to sip when you need a refreshing kick.
- Homemade Tomato Juice tastes similar to V8 but is so much better! Serve as a refreshing drink or use it as a base in so many different recipes.
- 5-Minute Slushies (AKA DIY Slushy Magic) are the coolest summertime treat. They can be made in minutes and kids think they are totally magic.
- Pomegranate Sunrise (Non-Alcoholic) Drink is perfect for a summer dinner party or barbecue. A delicious way to cool off and indulge a bit.
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie gives you an energetic start to your day. It’s also a great recovery drink after a workout.
- Tropical Slush with pineapple, coconut and lime is the perfect thirst-quencher for a hot summer day.
How to Make Orange Julius
- In a blender, blend all ingredients except ice. Slowly add ice cubes one at a time until it reaches a "smoothie" consistency. Serve immediately.
- If you are adding frozen fruit, add a little at a time BEFORE adding ice cubes. If using fresh fruit, add at the very beginning when you are blending everything else.
- Blendtec Blender