This Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe is so easy to throw all together in the slow cooker on a cold day. It can be made as mild or spicy as you like!
This Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe is one of our very favorite comfort food recipes! It is so nice on a COLD day!! You can make this chili as hot or as mild as you want.. it really depends on how spicy the salsa is that you buy. If you know us, we like it HOT!!! The brand we get is called “El Pinto HOT Green Chili Salsa.” It is pretty spicy, but, oh man, it’s GOOD! If you like it more mild, I’m sure you could just use the mild “La Victoria” brand and it will still taste great!
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Bottled green salsa 1-2 cups, as mild or hot as you would like
- 2 15oz. cans corn, drained
- 2 15oz. cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14oz cans chicken broth
- 4 c. chicken cooked, shredded
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- dash chili powder optional
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in hot oil over medium heat. After it is caramelized a little bit, add the green salsa. Heat for about 3 minutes.
- Combine onion/salsa mixture and all other ingredients, except for the cheese, in a crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours. About 10 minutes before serving, add the cheese and stir until melted. This is how we like it best.
- If you prefer cooking on the stovetop, combine corn, beans, broth, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and pepper in a large pot on the stove. Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crunched up tortilla chips. It's also really good served in bread bowls!
This post contains links to Amazon.com. Please note that Amazon prices tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.