Crock Pot White Chicken Chili is so easy to throw together in the slow cooker on a cold day. Versatile enough to make as mild or spicy as you like!
There’s nothing better than gathering around a warm pot of soup with friends and family on a crisp evening. With temperatures dipping (at least in some parts of the country) we all have comfort food on the brain, and this Crock Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe is one of our very favorites to make when there’s a chill in the air. And since it simmers in the slower cooker all day, your house will smell divine!
What is in White Chicken Chili?
Tender, shredded chicken combined with buttery white beans and just the right amount of kick makes this recipe a family hit! Around these parts we enjoy a good amount of spice, so we love to use El Pinto HOT Green Chili Salsa. It’s pretty spicy but so very delicious! If you like it more mild, La Victoria mild green salsa is a tamer alternative, and tastes just as glorious. That’s the beauty of this recipe: make it as mild or spicy as you want.
What Can I Serve With Crock Pot White Chicken Chili?
Feel free to get as creative as you like with toppings for this white chili recipe. We love to top our bowls with crumbled tortilla chips, extra cheese, or even green onions. We also love to tone down the spiciness a bit with our Cakey Cornbread drizzled with honey and butter. And leftovers turn into a hearty soup and salad lunch with a big, beautiful green salad alongside.
Can Chicken Chili Be Frozen?
Yes! This recipe doesn’t have any creams or cheeses so freezing it for up to three months would be great. Just wait to add your shredded cheese until re-heated and ready to serve. Which leads me to my next point…
How to Re-heat Chicken Chili
Allow the whole thing to thaw completely in the refrigerator, then simmer on the stove until hot but not boiling, stirring often to prevent scorching. Then, add your cheese and enjoy!
How Long Will White Chicken Chili Last in the Refrigerator?
A good rule of thumb when storing soup with chicken in the fridge is three to four days, for maximum freshness.
Is Chicken Chili Gluten Free?
The only ingredient that makes this recipe not gluten free is the chicken broth. You can substitute with water or there are some decent gluten free chicken broth varieties out there. But be sure to check the labels!
More Chili Recipes
If you’re as excited about soup season as much as we are, here are a few of our favorites, guaranteed to warm your family’s bellies and bring big smiles to their faces. What could be better?
How to Make Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
Crock Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-2 cups green salsa mild to hot, to taste
- 2 15 ounce cans corn drained
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 14 ounce cans chicken broth
- 4 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- dash chili powder optional, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in hot oil over medium heat. After it is caramelized a little bit, add the green salsa. Heat for about 3 minutes.
- Combine onion/salsa mixture and all other ingredients, except for the cheese, in a crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, add the cheese and stir until melted. This is how we like it best.
- If you prefer cooking on the stovetop, combine corn, beans, broth, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and pepper in a large pot on the stove.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crunched up tortilla chips and more cheese. It's also really good served in bread bowls!
This post contains links to Amazon.com. Please note that Amazon prices tend to change often so prices may be higher or lower without notice.