You are going to love this Creamy Italian Sausage Chili! It is the perfect thing to warm you up on a cold Autumn night. It is creamy and hearty with a little bit of a spicy kick.
This Creamy Italian Sausage Chilii is one I created it for a chili cookout. I wanted to create my own chili because I hate onions, most chili recipes have onions, and I wanted to have something to eat that night. Well, to my surprise, it ended up winning first place! So here it is, my award winning chili.
This chili is perfect for fall, we make it up for nights when we are out at football games or going to a corn maze or any night we might be a little chilled and need some warming up. I often time will make it all up in a slow cooker and let the spices and flavors cook in during the day so it is ready to go at dinner time. It is a little spicy, you can decrease some of the spices to mild it down but we like it with a little bit of heat.
We like to eat this chili with crackers or tortilla chips, or my personal favorite- corn bread! We have an amazing corn bread recipe that is my go to when I am making chili, you can get the recipe HERE. This chili is also amazing used for chili dogs and chili cheese fries!
Other Recipes Like This Italian Sausage Chili
If you are a big chili fan, we have some other yummy chili recipes that you are sure to love. Our Texas Chili has strips of tender beef, our Pork Chili Verde is so tasty, and our White Chicken Chili is always a favorite! If you are looking for a super easy chili try our Mom’s “Cheater” Chili. And if you want an amazing chili dip you can’t go wrong with our Chili-Cheese Dip.
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans diced tomatoes lightly blended
- 1 c. tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 can of each: black beans pinto beans, kidney beans
- 1/2 package 4 oz. of cream cheese
- Brown the sausage in a frying pan.
- In a large pot cook the garlic in the olive oil until it is golden. Then add the broth, spices, tomatoes, tomato juice, and vinegar. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- When the sausage is browned, place it over some folded paper towels to drain off some of the grease. Add the sausage and the cans of beans (you do not have to drain the beans) to the pot. Let the chili simmer for about half an hour. Lastly add the cream cheese and stir in until completely dissolved.
- It's especially good served with crackers, tortilla chips, or cornbread.