These Easy Crock Pot Peanut Clusters have only 4 ingredients and are so easy to make! Just throw everything in the Crock Pot or slow cooker and you’re done.
Easy Crock Pot Peanut Clusters
This is a recipe from my FABULOUS mother-in-law. Every time she makes these she gets rave reviews. I honestly can’t believe it has taken me this long to get the recipe on here. It’s definitely a family favorite! Who doesn’t love chocolate combined with crunchy, salty peanuts? These Easy Crock Pot Peanut Clusters will delight anyone on your Christmas list!
These make a great treat to pass around to friends and neighbors at Christmas time. They have a creamy, gourmet taste and your friends will think you put a lot more work into them than you actually did (which is totally my kind of treat). You can refrigerate these in an air-tight container or even freeze them. I like them best at room temperature because they are more soft and creamy.
Can You Make Peanut Clusters in the Microwave?
If you need these peanut clusters in a pinch, you can make them in the microwave. Place all the ingredients except the peanuts in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 second intervals. When you melt chocolate, you want to make sure not to over-heat it. If you heat the chocolate too much, then it will get clumpy. Stir the mixture well after each interval and stop when the chocolate is smooth and all the pieces are melted. Pour melted chocolate over the peanuts and follow the rest of the recipe as written.
Try These Substitutions
If you aren’t a fan of peanuts, don’t worry. These beautiful, festive treats can be made with almonds or cashew in place – or in addition to — peanuts. And while we’re branching out, consider walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts. The possibilities are endless. For those who love the flavor of fruit in their chocolate, add some dried cherries, Craisins, raisins or other dried fruit to the mix. And if you added marshmallows to your peanut clusters, well I think you can see what Rocky Road we’re heading down. You can also change up the chocolate chips! Try milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even butterscotch chips!
More of Our Favorite Christmas Treats:
Once you’ve made these Peanut Clusters, try some of our other favorite treats!
- Mom’s Christmas Caramels – Sweet and chewy homemade caramels are the best at Christmas! Make them for your neighbors and they will love you forever.
- Andes Mint Cookies – These delicious chocolate mint cookies will get you on Santa’s “nice” list!
- Dipped Caramel Pretzel Bites – Pretzels dipped in caramel and chocolate are pretty much the best thing ever. I have to warn you, they are addicting!
- Christmas Crunch – A sweet and salty treat that only takes 15 minutes to make. Perfect to munch on while watching your favorite Christmas movie.
- Dipped Ritz Cookies – Ritz Crackers never tasted so good! Spread peanut butter or caramel between two crackers then dip them in milk or white chocolate.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Brownies – A fudge brownie with white chocolate frosting and crushed peppermint
- Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate Cake — Warm and gooey, this is a chocolate lover’s dream!
How to make Easy Crock Pot Peanut Clusters
Easy Crock Pot Peanut Clusters
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Cook on LOW heat for 1 hour, stirring once half-way through.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop clumps of peanut mixture on to parchment paper and allow to cool to room temperature. You may refrigerate or freeze them. Be sure to serve at room temperature for the best texture.
- Optional: Melt white chocolate almond bark and drizzle over the top of the set clusters.