This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Andes Mint Cookies are sure to get you on the nice list if you leave them out for Santa! Chewy chocolate cookies, topped by melted Andes mints. Rich and delicious with a mild mint flavor. A definite favorite!
Featured with this Recipe
Andes Mint Cookies
Andes Mint Cookies are a delicious holiday dessert that I got from my husband’s family. His grandmother received a box of Andes mints every single Christmas and she loved to share one with each of her grandchildren. They all developed a love for the decadent creamy chocolates with a taste of cool mint flavor, so naturally this is one of their FAVORITE all time cookie recipes! These cookies are perfect for the holiday season since they are such an easy chocolate dessert. We have taken them to parties and given them to neighbors; they are always a hit.
Ingredients in Andes Mint Cookies
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- white corn syrup
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (eliminates the need for unsweetened cocoa powder)
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- large eggs
- Andes Mints candy (chocolate mints)
Ingredient Additions and Substitutions
- Vanilla Extract
- Peppermint Extract
- Crème de Menthe
Tips for Making Andes Mint Cookies
This recipe is a bit different than a normal cookie recipe. But don’t worry! We will walk you through every step and you’ll have delicious Andes Mint Cookies in no time!
- Start by adding butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and corn syrup to a pot. Heat over medium and stir constantly until everything is melted together. The mixture will be a bit grainy and that’s okay.
- Then, pour the mixture into a large bowl and add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Next, beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the mixture. Mix until completely combined.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Next, bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes. DO NOT OVER-BAKE. They will look a little underdone when they come out of the oven, but they will finish up on the baking sheet.
- While the cookies are still hot, place one Andes Mint on each cookie.
- When the tops of the mints look melted, use the back of a spoon to spread the melted candy over the top of the cookie.
- Finally, place the cookies on a wire rack and let them cool to room temperature and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Switch up the Recipe
Not much of an Andes Mint fan? This is a great chocolate cookie base to keep on hand anyway. You can change these Andes Mint Cookies up a million different ways:
- Try melting and swirling a Rolo candy over the top instead of a mint to create a chocolate caramel cookie.
- Use our coconut pecan topping from our German Chocolate Fudge recipe to make a German Chocolate cookie.
- Top with a melted Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup for a delicious chocolate peanut butter cookie.
- Frost them with our divine cream cheese icing.
- Melt a marshmallow on top and garnish with crumbled graham crackers for a S’mores cookie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, that is what makes these cookies so good is the melted and swirled chocolate on top.
Andes uses the crème de menthe flavor but they also make a peppermint version during the holidays.
Yes, you can find them at most grocery stores year round.
Other Christmas Treats
Need some other holiday dessert ideas? I love all the yummy treats that our family makes around the Holidays. These Andes Mint Cookies are just one of our favorite Christmas treats. You can find the list of all our favorite treats for Christmas HERE. It has some amazing sweets that are perfect for neighbor gifts and Holiday parties, like homemade caramels, peanut clusters, cinnamon almonds, german chocolate fudge, peppermint bark brownies, and many more easy chocolate desserts!
More Favorite Cookie Recipes
We have so many cookie recipes besides these Andes Mint Cookies that we love in our family, so it’s always hard to decide which one to make! If you are looking for more yummy cookie ideas be sure to check out our full list of cookies and cookie bars HERE. Or try one or two of these all time favorites:
- Snowball Cookies
- Linzer Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Vanilla Cookies
- Graham Cracker Cookies with Coconut
- Sugar Cookies with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Christmas Cookies (and how to decorate them)
- Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Easter Cookies
How to Make Andes Mint Cookies
Andes Mint Cookies
- Heat butter, sugar, corn syrup, and chocolate chips in a small saucepan until chocolate chips are melted.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl and add flour, baking soda, and salt. Then beat in eggs one at a time.
- Shape rounded tablespoons into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Lightly press each ball to flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. Right when removing from the oven, while still hot, place one to two Ande's Mint on top of each cookie (I like to do two).
- When they melt smooth the chocolate evenly over the top. Cool completely at room temperature and let chocolate harden before serving.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.