This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Avocado Quesadillas are loaded with cheddar cheese, avocados, pepper, and fresh cilantro and lime juice. Then grilled on the barbecue to melty perfection!
These avocado quesadillas are some of the best quesadillas I have ever had. These can be made for lunch, dinner, appetizers, whatever you see fit. We make this all the time as a meal but it would also be a great BBQ appetizer! Every time we make these, we can’t seem to get enough.
They are so good and packed with fresh flavor! If you don’t have a grill or don’t feel like grilling, just toast them under the broiler for a few seconds! Try it for yourself and see how good they are!
Pick the Perfect Avocado
When it comes to picking out a great avocado, here are a couple of things to keep in mind. You can’t tell if an avocado is ripe just based on sight. You need to touch it. Feel it in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze. If it is ripe, it should yield to firm, gentle pressure. But be careful, you don’t want it to be overly soft or mushy.
An avocado that is too ripe won’t hurt you. It will just look brown, similar to the look of an avocado that has been left out to oxidize (be exposed to too much air). But they won’t make you sick or anything. Most people prefer the brighter green color of a properly ripe avocado.
More Great Avocado Flavor
If you like the taste of avocado, there are more ways than just these great Avocado Quesadillas to try. Check out any of these recipes where avocados take a leading role.
Grilled Avocado Quesadillas
- griddle or bbq grill
- 6 ounces black olives sliced and drained
- 3 avocado firm-ripe, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped (or 2 baby bell peppers)
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Kosher salt to taste
- black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas large
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded (or Monterey Jack)
- Chop all of the vegetables. Stir together olives, avocado, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, onion and lime juice. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat up the grill and spray with cooking spray. Place tortillas on the grill and grill for about 45-60 seconds or until the tortilla starts to get golden-brown grill stripes.
- Flip the tortillas and cover with cheese; grill until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp and slightly browned on the bottom.
- Divide avocado mixture among the tortillas, cut each tortilla into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.