This Avocado Bacon Sandwich is a copycat of my all time favorite sandwich at Fork in downtown Boise . It’s called the BAM Sammy. Bacon. Avocado. Mozzarella. BAM.
Avocado Bacon Sandwich
The BAM Sammy is one of my all time favorite sandwiches to get at a delicious restaurant in downtown Boise called Fork. I can’t tell you how many times we have eaten at Fork. Everything we have eaten there has been so good. But the BAM Sammy is my go to sandwich. The combination of maple marinated bacon, avocados, and fresh mozzarella (which forms the acronym BAM) is just heavenly. There are also tomatoes, fresh pesto, and I like to add the optional fried egg. The egg is a little extra, but totally worth it. We decided to re-create it at home and it turned out fantastic.
Making It On Your Own
Of course, the restaurant version of this Avocado Bacon Sandwich is amazing, but you can make it even better at home. When it comes to layering all the ingredients on top of one another in this sandwich, you can simply place slices of brown sugar and syrup coated bacon onto the sandwich. Or, you can try this amazing bacon weave idea we snagged from Pinterest. It’s shown here as a pre-cooked version.
We love the idea of keeping all that delicious bacon close together on this Avocado Bacon Sandwich.
Copy These Copycats
If you like the idea of restaurant copycats, you simply must try some of these great options:
- Panda Express Mushroom Chicken is even better than the restaurant original.
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork is the best pulled pork around. Perfect for salads, burritos, enchiladas and more.
- Disneyland Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel is one of the many yummy Disney treats you’ll love.
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake will have you wanting to eat dessert first!
How To Make Bacon Avocado Sandwich
- At least an hour before you start preparing your meal, mix together the maple syrup and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut the bacon slices into halves, make sure they are separated from each other, and place them all in a large plastic bag. Pour the syrup mixture over the bacon and seal. Place bag in the fridge to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After bacon has marinated for an hour, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and top that with a wire rack/cooling rack. Arrange 6 small slices of bacon into a weave (see picture below). Or you can just cook the pieces normally. Bake for about 20 minutes, or desired crispiness. Keep oven on.
- While the bacon is cooking, slice the tomatoes and avocados. And cook the eggs over medium.
- On another cookie sheet arrange the 8 slices of bread, 4 with sliced mozzarella cheese, 4 with a layer of pesto. Bake just until cheese begins to melt.
- Arrange by a slice of cheese bread topped with the tomato, bacon, egg, avocado, and then topped with a pesto slice.
- This recipe makes 4 sandwiches, you can adjust according to how many you actually need.