This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Mango Avocado Smoothie is made with fresh mango, avocado, and greek yogurt. It will boost your health and brighten your day! It is smooth, creamy, and delicious.
Featured with this Recipe
There is creamy deliciousness in every bite of this Mango Avocado Smoothie. Before I tried it, I was skeptical of avocado in a smoothie. Then, my daughters took me to an Indian Restaurant for Mother’s Day. On the menu was a Mango Lassi (an Indian mango yogurt drink), an Avocado Smoothie, or a combination of the two. My daughters convinced me I needed to try the combination. It was wonderful! The flavor of the mango was the dominating taste with a hint of avocado. The avocado makes the drink so smooth and creamy. I couldn’t get enough. We decided to try making it at home. The results were fantastic! In conclusion, it has become a new favorite drink.
Ingredients in a Mango Avocado Smoothie
- Mango – fresh mango is the best but you can also use frozen mango cubes.
- Greek Yogurt
- Water – this smoothie is so creamy it just needs water, but if you want to use milk for an even more creamy smoothie you can! You can use dairy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk.
Health Benefits of Mangos and Avocados
Did you know that mangoes are the most widely consumed fruit in the world? Not only do they taste delicious, but there are so many health benefits of eating mangoes! Mangos decrease risk of colon cancer, improve digestion and bone health, and also improve skin and hair. Avocados are also very healthy and full of nutrients and healthy fats! They have potassium (more than bananas!), vitamin K, vitamin C, and folate. Avocados contain healthy monounsaturated fatty acids that help lower cholesterol. They are also loaded with fiber. Overall, this mango avocado smoothie is a smoothie I can feel good about serving to my family.
Frequently Asked Questions
Avocado gives smoothies an extremely smooth and creamy consistency.
Avocado doesn’t add very much taste to the smoothie, but especially not a bitter taste. It just adds creamy, silky texture!
A lot of smoothie recipes use milk as the liquid. However, because this mango avocado smoothie is so creamy, all it needs is water!
READ NEXT: 33+ Breakfast Ideas
Other Smoothies You Will Love
Smoothies are one of my favorite breakfasts and post-workout snacks. It is so nice to be able to throw all the ingredients in the blender and then take it on the go! I love all the different flavors you can combine to make a unique smoothie to your taste! I also love that I can hide lots and lots of fruit and veggies into something my kids still think is a treat! If you love this mango avocado smoothie, then check out some of these other smoothie flavors to give you inspiration!
How to Make a Mango Avocado Smoothie
Mango Avocado Smoothie
- Blendtec Blender
- 1 cup fresh mango you can also use frozen mango that has been thawed
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoon honey or sugar adjust to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes 8-10 standard size ice cubes
- Layer all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add more/less water depending on preference for thickness.
- Recipe makes 4 small smoothies/ 2 large smoothies
- Use a high-speed blender for the smoothest smoothie.
- Optional add-ins: protein powder, spinach, ground flax seed, chia seeds
- Substitute the honey with agave or maple syrup if desired
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.