This Grilled Balsamic Chicken is a healthy dish marinated with tangy flavor. The tender chicken is perfect as a main dish or sliced on salads or pastas.
Grilled Balsamic Chicken
This Grilled Balsamic Chicken is a favorite at our house! The simple marinade gives ordinary chicken a tangy, rich flavor that tastes super fancy even though it could not be easier to make. Echo made this for us years ago and we all fell in love. She served it over a bed of arugula with a mouthwatering chilled bruschetta topping. All those healthy, vibrant flavors tasted fresh and oh so delicious! I make this chicken all the time for other recipes too: salads, pastas or grilled chicken sandwiches. You’ll love this easy dish that looks so fancy and pretty!
Easiest Balsamic Chicken Marinade
The marinade for this chicken could not be more simple to make! All you need is some good, rich balsamic vinegar, some olive oil (I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil, but any olive oil will work) and a package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing. That’s it! Coat the mixture over a few chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag or a bowl and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least three hours. The longer you let it marinate, the better, but probably not longer than about eight hours. You can even use the extra marinade to brush on the chicken while it’s cooking.
Chilled Bruschetta Topping
If you want a show-stopping dish that will impress your guests, top the grilled balsamic chicken with this chilled bruschetta. It is so easy to make, but looks beautiful and slightly wilts as it sits on the warm chicken. Dice up some fresh tomatoes into bite size pieces,fresh basil, and cubed mozzarella cheese. Toss it into a simple mixture of balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. Allow it all to chill in the fridge while the chicken is grilling. If it looks like the oil is solidifying, just let the bowl rest on the counter until serving.
More Tasty Chicken Recipes
Looking for more ways to dress up ordinary chicken? Try some of our very favorite chicken dishes. Nothing boring about chicken anymore!
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Easy Apricot Chicken
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
How to Make Grilled Balsamic Chicken
For the Balsamic Chicken Marinade:
For the Bruschetta Topping:
- At least 3 hours before eating (the longer, the better). Mix together the marinade ingredients in a large bowl or large ziploc bag. Add chicken and toss to coat, then refrigerate.
- At this same time mix together all the ingredients for the bruschetta topping in a separate (medium size) bowl. Refrigerate until serving (if the oil starts to solidify from getting too cold, let it sit out on the counter until it dissolves into the mix again before serving).
- About a half hour before you plan to eat, remove chicken to counter and let it warm to room temperature. Grill over medium heat for about 7 to 10 minutes on each side, turning only once. Chicken should have nice grill marks but not be burnt.
- Serve warm grilled chicken over a bed of arugula then spoon over the bruschetta topping.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill