This Grilled Balsamic Chicken is amazing on it’s own or added to your favorite recipes. So good sliced on to salads or pastas or as a chicken sandwich!
This balsamic chicken marinade has been a favorite at our house for a long time! The first time we had it Echo made it for us and I fell in love! I make it all the time for other recipes too, it is so good grilled and sliced onto salads or pastas or in a grilled chicken sandwich.
But my favorite way to make it is over a bed of arugula with this delicious chilled bruschetta topping! It is fresh, flavorful, and low in calories!! What could be better than that?
- 4 to 5 chicken breasts cut into halves
- 1 pkg Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 6 large tomatoes diced
- 7 sprigs of basil finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- arugula lettuce
- At least 3 hours before eating (the longer, the better). Mix together the marinade ingredients in a large bowl or large ziploc bag. Add chicken and toss to coat, then refrigerate.
- At this same time mix together all the ingredients for the bruschetta topping in a separate (medium size) bowl. Refrigerate until serving (if the oil starts to solidify from getting too cold, let it sit out on the counter until it dissolves into the mix again before serving).
- About a half hour before you plan to eat, remove chicken to counter and let it warm to room temperature. Grill over medium heat for about 7 to 10 minutes on each side, turning only once. Chicken should have nice grill marks but not be burnt.
- Serve warm grilled chicken over a bed of arugula then spoon over the bruschetta topping.