This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Lemon Pepper Chicken is a frequent favorite dish in our family; tangy, tender, so tasty! Made with just four ingredients, this chicken is perfect in salads, pastas, and sandwiches too!
Lemon Pepper Chicken
This simple Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe was in regular rotation around our house growing up. Because it’s made with four simple ingredients we always had on hand, our mother would make a huge batch and we would eat on it all week long. It pairs perfectly with rice pilaf, baked potatoes or pasta for dinner, but tastes delicious sliced over a salad for lunch the next day. If you have a little lemon juice and pepper, you can make this easy chicken recipe any night of the week. This recipe comes in handy when you just can’t think of anything to make for supper!
Suggestions for Lemon Pepper Chicken
- You can bake or grill this chicken, whatever you prefer. I usually marinate the chicken in the afternoon for at least thirty minutes, preferably longer, then have my husband throw it on the grill just before dinner.
- We love using boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this dish, but you could easily substitute chicken thighs, drumsticks or wings too.
- No need for fancy seasonings for this recipe! Just a little lemon juice (I love using fresh lemon but you could use lemon juice from the bottle too) and some freshly ground pepper. Fresh ingredients will enhance the flavors and really bring this dinner to life!
- Parmesan cheese helps give the chicken a nice, golden crust on the outside, but if you don’t have any on hand, don’t worry! It tastes delicious without.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. You could also double the batch and freeze cooked chicken breasts for up to two months! They’re perfect to grab and thaw for dinner or lunch. Thaw them out in the fridge, then microwave or toss in the oven until heated through.
- Serve this chicken with our delicious Oven Roasted Green Beans our Super Easy Yellow Rice or a simple Baked Potato. Turn our Nuts About Berries Salad into a hearty lunch by slicing leftover Lemon Pepper Chicken on top or add it to our One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles! You will love how versatile this chicken is!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
Chicken is probably the easiest meat to cook with and the possibilities are endless! Try a few of our favorite chicken recipes and you’ll never have to worry about what’s for dinner!
- Best Chicken Breast Recipes Any Night of the Week
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Top 10 Best Chicken Recipes of 2019
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Orange Chicken (Panda Express Copycat)
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
- Marinate chicken in oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and grill for approximately 7-8 minutes on each side.
- You can also bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.