Hawaiian Chicken Foil Packets make a great summer meal the whole family will love. Just wrap up the ingredients and cook on the grill or in the oven.
Hawaiian Chicken Foil Packets
I love making foil packets in the summer. It is so easy to toss all the ingredients into foil, wrap them up, and throw them on the grill. The kids even like to help make their own! These Hawaiian Chicken Foil Packets are definitely one of my favorite flavor combinations. With tender chicken thighs marinated in homemade teriyaki sauce, sweet and tangy pineapple, and the added flavor of peppers and onions, you really can’t beat it.
Step by Step Instructions
- First you want to make your marinade. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, garlic and ginger. Then, place your chicken thighs in an airtight container and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal and store in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight if you can. The longer the better!
- When you are ready to assemble the packets, cut up the onion, pepper, and pineapple. Lay out a sheet of foil and place one chicken breast, some pineapple, and a few peppers and onions on top of the foil. Drizzle some extra marinade over the top.
- Roll up the foil so the food is entirely covered. Make sure sauce isn’t leaking out of any edges.
- Grill over medium high heat for 20 minutes. Then flip the packets over and cook for about 10 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove food from the foil packet onto a plate and serve with rice. Top with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Other Hawaiian Recipes You Will Love
We are big fans of Hawaiian food at Favorite Family Recipes! Check out some of our other island favorites!
- Hawaiian Style Chicken and Long Rice
- Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- How to Make a Hawaiian Plate Lunch
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
How to Make Hawaiian Chicken Foil Packets
For the Marinade
For the Marinade
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until combined. Pour over chicken in a ziplock bag or other airtight container and marinate for at least two hours or overnight if possible.
To Assemble the Foil Packets
- Lay out one sheet of foil. Place one chicken thigh, two pineapple rings or a few pineapple chunks, and some pepper and onion strips. Drizzle some extra sauce over the top if desired.
- Wrap foil up tightly so none of the juices leak out.
- Grill over medium high heat for 20 minutes. Then, flip the packets and grill for about 10 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken in 165 degrees. Remove from packets and serve with rice. Top with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce if desired.
- Cook foil packets at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken in 165 degrees. Remove from packets and serve with rice. Top with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce if desired.