Mini Cupcakes with Nutella Swirl and Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
These Mini Cupcakes with Nutella Swirl and Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect bite-sized treats! They are easy to make, they taste amazing, and they are adorable! I particularly love mini cupcakes because of their cute factor. Why are small things so cute?? Send them to school with your kids, bring them to a party, or snack on them with your significant other! In my opinion, nothing says, “I love you” like food does! Food is my love language! My boyfriend is a big fan of this fact — although he has started going to the gym more since we started dating 😉
Tips for Making Mini Cupcakes with Nutella Swirl and Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Whenever I think of cupcakes, I think of our friend Lizzy Early’s recipes! (Check out her blog here) I used her birthday cupcake recipe, but left out the sprinkles. They are so moist and rich. When you make the Nutella swirls, don’t worry about making them perfect…they will be covered up by frosting for the most part. See below for a picture of the cupcakes pre-frosting. Of course, you can make these in a regular sized cupcake pan, you’ll just have to bake them a little longer (18-20 minutes) and use a little more Nutella.
Other Cupcake Recipes You’ll Love
Cupcakes are such a fun dessert. Between the frosting, the fillings, the toppings, and the cake itself, there are so many combinations and possibilities! We hope you will enjoy this recipe, as well as some of our other favorite cupcake recipes!
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Tasty Coconut Cupcakes
- Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Frosting
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
- Mounds Cupcakes
Nutella Swirl Mini Cupcakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, egg whites, oil, milk, mayonnaise, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix until combined.
- Line a mini cupcake pan and fill 2/3 full.
- Put about ¼ cup of Nutella in a piping bag and pipe a swirl onto the top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
For the frosting
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add raspberry preserves and almond extract. Mix until combined.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix until it forms stiff peaks.
- Once cupcakes have cooled completely, frost, and enjoy!