These Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Frosting taste like cupcakes you would buy at an expensive cupcake shop. Creamy lemon flavor in every bite!
These Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Frosting disappear within minutes at our house. They taste like something you would buy at an expensive cupcake shop. The Lemon Buttermilk Cupcake is very moist and dense, similar to our Coconut Cake Recipe, and are best if frozen overnight. The lemon cream frosting is to die for, I could eat it with a spoon right out of the mixing bowl!
If you are planning a celebration of any kind, cupcakes are the way to go. Birthday parties, baby showers, bridal showers, graduation parties, school parties are all more fun when cupcakes are served. Over the past few years, gourmet cupcakes have become very popular. It doesn’t take much effort to go a step beyond the store bought cake mix and pre-made frosting. These yummy Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes are the perfect example of how easy it is. We have more delicious options for fancy (but, easy) cupcakes below.
How to make Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Icing
Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Frosting
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 10 oz lemon curd (I usually find this by the jam/jelly at the grocery store)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place about 30 paper cupcake liners into cupcake tins.
Sift together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, soda, and salt).
In separate bowl, mix together sugar and butter until fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating each egg until incorporated before adding the next.
Add vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Add dry ingredients, alternating with buttermilk, (about 1/3 at a time) until all combined.
Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool on baking rack.
I like to freeze cupcakes overnight before frosting. Don't know why, but they taste even better when I do!
Regular cream cheese frosting is also really yummy on these cupcakes!
More Cupcake Recipes:
- Tasty Coconut Cupcakes – These light and fluffy coconut cupcakes are topped with the most amazing creamy coconut frosting.
- Easy Filled Cupcakes – Great tips on how to easily make frosting filled cupcakes with a cake mix.
- Nutella Swirl Mini Cupcakes – Nutella is swirled into these mini cupcakes with a delicious raspberry cream frosting.
- Mounds Cupcakes – If you are a fan of Mounds candy bars, you will love these cupcakes!
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes – Sweet, zesty lime cupcakes topped with a sweet cherry frosting.
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes – These cupcakes don’t require a liner, they are baked in an ice cream cone!