These Cherry Limeade Pink Cupcakes are brushed with a zesty fresh lime syrup and then topped with a sweet cherry frosting. A bright, tangy, summer dessert!
Cherry Limeade Pink Cupcakes
The secret to the fresh lime flavor in these pink cupcakes is lime zest and fresh-squeezed lime juice syrup. It gives every bite of this cupcake a delicious lime kick! Additionally, the cherry flavor comes from maraschino cherry juice and it truly tastes like your favorite cherry limeade drink when combined with the lime. These cupcakes take a little extra time to make. They also have a few more steps than your run of the mill store bought cake mix However, they are so worth it. The batter is mixed in three stages to get the consistency just right. We adapted this recipe from cookingclassy.com and we love it!
Decorating Cherry Limeade Pink Cupcakes
We made these scrumptious pink cupcakes for my daughter’s graduation party. They were a hit! She loves birds, so we found these cute picks and used them to decorate the cupcakes. However, there are lots of decorative options with these cherry limeade cupcakes. For example maraschino cherries, lime slices, or sugar crystal sprinkles to name a few. The colors in these pink cupcakes make them perfect for any occasion! Make them for bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, or a fun dessert anytime.
Other Delicious Cupcake Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes – Perfect for kids birthday parties! Let each child decorate their own cupcake cone!
- Tasty Coconut Cupcakes – Coconut lovers will RAVE about these cupcakes!
- Nutella Swirl Mini Cupcakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting – These are great for Valentine’s Day – the Nutella swirl makes them extra special.
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – The perfect mix of sweet and tart – you have to try these!
How to Make Cherry Limeade Pink Cupcakes
- Decorative picks maraschino cherries, lime slices, sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift all-purpose flour and cake flour into a large bowl. Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the sugar and lime zest until finely ground. In an electric mixer (or with electric beaters in a large bowl), whip the sugar/lime zest mixture with butter until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl while mixing to ensure it is all blended. Gradually add eggs and egg whites one at a time and then vanilla. Mix well.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture to the batter and mix just until combined, then add 1/2 of buttermilk mixture to the batter and mix. Repeat ending with last 1/3 of flour mixture.
- Divide batter among 24 muffin cups lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in muffin tin, then transfer to a wire cooling rack and add simple syrup.
- Whisk lime juice and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. With a pastry brush, brush syrup over warm cupcakes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Whip butter in a mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in 1/2 cup powdered sugar, then maraschino cherry juice and red food coloring. Slowly add remaining 4 1/2 powdered sugar and whip until well blended. If necessary, add more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Spread or pipe frosting on completely cooled cupcakes.
- Add desired decorative topping.
- Ffood processor