This Nothing Bundt Cakes Lemon Cake copycat recipe tastes just like the original! A sweet, tart cake with an AMAZING cream cheese frosting.
Nothing Bundt Cakes Lemon Cake Copycat
Nothing Bundt Cakes are a dense, rich, moist cake with a thick cream cheese frosting. Sometimes I frost this cake like the store as seen here on our Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake. This looks pretty, but I always feel like someone gets short-changed if they don’t get the big blob of frosting on their slice. To prevent this, I sometimes frost the whole cake as pictured above. There is always plenty of frosting and I pile the extra in the middle so there is added frosting on each piece when I slice it.
More Than Meets the Eye
Because of the richness of Nothing Bundt Cake’s Lemon Cake, one bundt cake can easily serve 15-20 people. It saves in the refrigerator for several days if you have leftovers. The cake can also be frozen and then thawed in the refrigerator before it is frosted. Make sure it is wrapped in plastic wrap and then in foil before freezing to maintain the moisture and texture of the cake.
Tricks of the Trade
Sometimes it can be tricky to remove the cake from the bundt pan after baking. Here’s a tip to remove the cake once it cools.
- Run a knife around the outer and inner edges of the cake (between the cake and the pan).
- Place the plate or stand you will be using to hold the cake upside down on top of the bundt pan.
- Gently hold the bundt pan and plate together as you flip them both right side up. The cake may pop out of the pan as you are flipping, but if it does not leave the cake pan upside down on top of the plate.
- Gently tap around the top of the pan with the handle end of a butter knife. This will loosen the cake from the sides and it should easily come out onto the plate.
- If not, flip the platter and bundt pan over again and start over by running the knife around the edges of the pan.
More Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat Recipes
- Nothing Bundt Cake Carrot Cake – I found a new way to use all of the same ingredients, including the ease of a cake mix, yet give the cake a lighter texture that is similar to the Nothing Bundt Cake texture.
- Nothing Bundt Cake White Chocolate Raspberry Cake – White chocolate chips and a raspberry filling give this cake so much flavor!
- Try the Nothing Bundt Cake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake – A rich and moist pumpkin cake that is perfect for the holidays.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake– This Bundt Cake is rich, moist, and delicious! Our recipe tastes just like the cake you can get at the shop.
How to Make Nothing Bundt Cakes Lemon Cake Copycat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, pudding, sour cream, eggs, oil, lemon juice, and water for 2 minutes. If using white chocolate chips, chop the chips into smaller pieces and add to the cake batter.
- Pour cake batter into a greased bundt cake pan (nonstick cooking spray works best).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the bundt pan and place it on a serving plate or cake stand. See post above for details on how to easily do this.
- Wrap the cake well with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight before frosting and serving.
- In a medium bowl or mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla, then gradually add the powdered sugar. Start with 2 cups and then keep adding until the frosting is nice and thick.
- Frost the bundt cake and garnish with raspberries and mint leaves.
- Keep refrigerated.