This Pumpkin Bundt Cake tastes JUST like the seasonal cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes! The cream cheese frosting is to die for!
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Take this Pumpkin Bundt Cake to your next holiday gathering and you will have people hunting you down and BEGGING for the recipe. This cake is so moist and the frosting is to die for! I based this recipe off of Our Version of Nothing Bundt Cakes’ Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake. I have made that cake several times and it always turns out AMAZING. For this cake I subbed in spice cake mix instead of devils food cake and pumpkin spice pudding instead of chocolate pudding. Pumpkin spice pudding is only available during this time of year so I always make sure to stock up on it whenever I see it in the store.
Add A Little Chocolate
This Pumpkin Bundt Cake is moist and full of pumpkin flavor. The mini chocolate chips give it an added boost of flavor. Why is it that pumpkin and chocolate taste so good together? Be sure to use MINI chocolate chips. They work best in this cake. The regular size chocolate chips will sink to the bottom of the bundt pan and won’t distribute through the cake batter as evenly as the mini chocolate chips.
Now let’s talk about the frosting for this cake. It is UNREAL. I have to stop myself from eating it all out of the bowl before I get it on the cake! It is my go-to frosting recipe. I use it for our Homemade Oreos, our Coconut Cream Cake, and Our Version of Nothing Bundt Cakes’ White Chocolate Raspberry Cake. It is thick, creamy, and SO delicious. I like to refrigerate this cake overnight because I think it tastes better that way, but if you don’t have time, just make sure the cake cools all the way before you frost it.
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you are in the mood for more pumpkin treats, try out these delicious pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin Drop Cookies – With only 3 ingredients, these cookies are quick and easy to make.
- Pumpkin Steamers – This pumpkin drink with warm you on a cold, autumn day. The drink is rich and creamy with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Coffee Cake – This delicious coffee cake has a cream cheese layer and crumb topping that is out of this world. It’s perfect for a breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cups – A smooth and creamy mousse that is simple to make, but looks elegant and tastes heavenly!
- Pumpkin Cobbler – This is a traditional fall dessert at our house. A creamy pumpkin pie like layer is topped with a crunchy, buttery, crust. It is incredible served warm with homemade whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
How To Make Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, water and oil. Mix until combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well-greased bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, cover with plastic wrap and let refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or overnight.
For the frosting
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar while stirring. If it looks too thin (stiff peaks do not form), add more powdered sugar. If it looks too thick add 2 Tbsp of milk.
- To frost the cake, cut the corner off of a ziplock bag, fill bag with frosting and pipe from the center of the cake, over the top, and down to the plate. Once you have gone all the way around, fill the middle.
- Bundt Pan