The pretzel crust in these Pretzel Crust Cheesecake Brownies gives an added dimension to the rich chocolate and creamy cheesecake. Every bite is delightful!
Pretzel Crust Cheesecake Brownies
I have one daughter who loves pretzels, another daughter who loves cheesecake, and a husband who loves brownies. So I decided to get a little creative! Luckily these pretzel crust cheesecake brownies tasted amazing and everyone was happy!
Sweet and Salty
There are so many things to love about these cheesecake brownies, one of them is the combination of sweet and salty. Some cheesecakes, and some brownies for that matter, are delicious, but can almost go overboard on the sweet. Even for people with a high sugar tolerance. Adding the salty crunch of the pretzel crust to this combination gives it just enough variety to mix things up. As amazing as it sounds, the salt in the recipe actually enhances the sweet flavor, so there’s even more to love.
More Pretzels To Love
If you’re one who loves the unique flavor of pretzels — and everything that flavor can add to a recipe, you will definitely want to try some of these great recipes.
- Homemade Soft Pretzels give you that chewy, delicious flavor for the perfect snack or appetizer.
- Dipped Caramel Pretzel Bites are another great way to get that salty mixed with sweet. But be warned: these are addicting. You may not be able to stop eating them.
- Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad combines crunchy pretzels, smooth cream cheese and sweet strawberries. Its more like dessert than a salad.
- Belly Button M&M Pretzel Kisses are darling to look at, and even better to eat! Plus they are so easy to make!
How To Make Pretzel Crust Cheesecake Brownies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together crushed pretzels, sugar and melted butter in a bowl until combined.
- Press firmly into a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Brownie: Mix sugar and butter until thoroughly combined. Add water, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder. Slowly add to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Cheesecake: Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs.
- Carefully spread half of brownie mixture evenly over pretzel crust.
- Pour cheesecake on top of brownie mixture.
- Spread remaining half of the brownie mixture over cheesecake layer.
- Cook 35-40 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 9x13 inch pan
- Hand Mixer