This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a long-time family favorite! The crunchy pretzel crust is layered with a smooth cream cheese filling and a rich strawberry flavored gelatin layer on top. Every bite holds crunchy, salty, sweet and creamy flavors-so good!
Strawberry Pretzel Jello
This strawberry pretzel jello salad may have the word “salad” in its name, but it definitely tastes more like a dessert. I fully acknowledge that the combination may seem pretty strange, but once you try it, you’ll be hooked.
The pretzel crust adds a salty crunch to the sweet cream cheese filling and fruity Jello top layer. We top it all with fresh strawberries when they’re in season, but frozen fruit will work as well.
This dessert is versatile enough to serve during the warm summer months on the patio after a cook-out, or as a holiday dessert for a Christmas buffet. I love eating a big bowl of it the next day when the pretzels have softened a bit.
This strawberry pretzel jello will satisfy all your cravings: it has sweet, salty and fruity flavors all rolled into one. Enjoy!
More Flavor Combinations to Try
One of the things that makes this strawberry pretzel jello really fun is all the opportunities for customization. We’ve made this dessert several different ways, as well as gotten some great suggestions from readers. Here are some delicious options to try!
My family loves making this using raspberry or blueberry jello with an assortment of fresh fruit on top. This is a great way to use a leftover fruit salad.
Give this dessert a tropical twist with tropical-flavored jello and crushed pineapple with mandarin oranges. Don’t forget the fresh whipped cream and some coconut shavings!
Raspberry jello and fresh raspberries also make an excellent substitution for the strawberry pretzel jello.
Tips for Making This Strawberry Pretzel Jello
- To avoid soggy pretzels, make sure the cream cheese layer covers the pretzels completely before adding the strawberry jello mixture. That way the cream cheese filling creates a buffer for the liquid before it sets up.
- I like to double the cream cheese layer a lot of times, especially if you want to serve a crowd or serve it as more of a dessert than a salad.
- A sweet reader suggested actually making this strawberry pretzel salad upside down, with the jello on the bottom, then the cream cheese layer and the pretzels on top to keep the pretzels nice and crunchy. Great suggestion!
- For extra texture and flavor, you could mix in a can of crushed pineapple with the jello.
More Delectable Dessert Salads
I love a good dessert salad, and we have some super delicious options! Try some of these amazing recipes:
- Blueberry Jello Salad Recipe
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Fudge Stripe Cookie Salad with Mandarin Oranges
- Grape Salad with Crunchy Coconut Topping
- Blackberry Fruit Salad
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Mix first three ingredients and press in bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Beat sugar, cream cheese, and Cool Whip in a medium size bowl.
- Spread cream cheese filling over pretzel crust.
- Mix Jello and boiling water until dissolved. Add strawberries.
- Pour over cheese mixture. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.