These Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Meatballs are sure to be a crowd favorite. They are sweet and savory with a little kick. Perfect for game days!
Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Meatballs
These slow cooker meatballs are very similar to our Winger’s Sticky Finger recipe, in fact, the sauce recipe is EXACTLY the same, the only difference (obviously) is that you put the sauce over meatballs instead of wings. They are perfectly sweet and savory with just the right amount of kick. And seriously, this recipe couldn’t be easier! Just throw it all in the slow cooker and you’re done! In this case, I set my Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker on low for 3.5 hours and they were perfect!
So Many Ways To Enjoy
The first time we made these we just served them as an appetizer. The second time we added pineapple and red peppers served the meatballs over rice as a main dish (seriously, you have got to try it this way — SO good)! Either way its amazing. But if you’re trying to pin down your game day snacks, this is the perfect, quick appetizer for game day with family and friends. I don’t know about you, but if family and friends are over I want to BE with them, not be stuck in the kitchen the whole time. That is what makes these meatballs so awesome, it is literally 3 minutes of prep-time and you are done.
If you want to use meatballs from scratch, go ahead! You may want to brown the meatballs first to keep them from sticking to the slow cooker. Or, if you prefer the frozen meatballs in the recipe, they work great too.
Get Your Game (Food) On
If you’re looking for some other great appetizers, whether you’re gearing up for game day or just having friends and family over for a gathering, try some of these great appetizers.
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves are the perfect side dish, or put them out for a great party food.
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies are a classic appetizer with an even better (and bacon-ier) taste!
- Shrimp Taco Bites with Cilantro Cream Sauce are perfect when you’re planning a party, but don’t have a lot of time.
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough is creamy dip is baked in the oven right in the sourdough bowl and served warm.
- Instant Pot Meatballs can be used as an appetizer, or a yummy addition to a favorite Italian pasta dish. And they’re so easy!
How to make Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Place meatballs in slow cooker.
- Combine hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a bowl.
- Stir until well combined and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Evenly pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker