All the Super Bowl food you need to have the best party ever! These, appetizers, meats and side dishes, sweet treats, and dips will keep you going back for more all throughout the big game. See our bonus recipe below for delicious Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers.
Super Bowl Food
My favorite part about watching the Super Bowl is the food! I know, it should be the football game, but the food is just so good. I generally get excited about the food in most situations. Watching football gives me an excuse to make some of my favorite game day classics – wings, potato skins, lil smokies, dips. For our Super Bowl party we go all out, it usually replaces lunch and dinner for that day.
We thought that we would compile a list of our favorite recipes for delicious Super Bowl food for you to have on hand for the big game. You are going to love these recipes, they are the best of the best for the biggest game of the year! We have a little bit of everything for you… saucy meats, savory appetizers, sweet treats, and delicious dips. Everything you could possibly need for the Super Bowl (or any tailgate, game day, or sporting event party really).
You can’t have a real party without some kind of dip on the serving table, right? You can go with a traditional nacho cheese, guacamole, or bean dip or go out on a limb and try something new like our Warm Bacon Cheese Dip or our Dorito Dip – a dip made especially for Nacho Cheese Doritos.
- Nacho Cheese Dip: Grab the tortilla chips and dive right into this cheesy dip. The Ro-tel tomatoes add just the right amount of spice to make it absolutely irresistible.
- Easy Cheese Sauce: This creamy, smooth dip goes perfectly with nachos, pretzels, steamed veggies and more.
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough: This hot dip is loaded with cheese and bacon. It bakes to perfection in the oven and smells as wonderful as it tastes.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: A hearty dip filled with shredded chicken, blue cheese crumbles, and hot sauce. Serve with crackers or chips, and celery sticks.
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip: Creamy, bubbly, and cheesy, this dip disappears as fast as you can make it!
- Chili Cheese Dip: This dip is must on Super Bowl Sunday. There are only 3 ingredients and it keeps warm in the crock pot so you can keep going back for more throughout the game.
- The Best Guacamole Ever: Combine avocado, red onion, garlic, cilantro, tomatoes, fresh lime, and a few seasonings and you’ve got the best guacamole ever!
- Beau’s Clam Dip: Our creamy clam dip is loaded with minced clams and fresh lemon. It is so good! It tastes the best with salty, ridged potato chips (Lay’s or Ruffles).
- Dorito Dip: Not a dip made of Doritos, but a dip for Doritos. Trust us, you will never want to eat Doritos without it again.
- 5 Minute Creamy Corn Dip: Really! It only takes 5-minutes to mix up this dip. You can eat it immediately or make it ahead and chill it in the fridge.
- Nine Layer Dip: Layers of refried beans (or refried black beans), guacamole, sour cream, cheese, diced tomatoes, onions, salsa and more. Everything you could ever want to eat on a tortilla chip!
- Easy Fruit Dip: Yes, there are football fans out there who would love a little fruit during the Super Bowl. This smooth and sweet dip is perfect for fresh fruit.
- Easy Spinach Dip: With only 5 ingredients, this spinach dip can be made in a snap. But, it tastes best chilled so make sure to make it ahead.
Super Bowl foods are finger foods, and vice versa. They are easy to eat and don’t distract you too much from the game. Make sure to have plenty on hand. These finger foods are so good, you will have guests coming back for seconds and thirds!
- Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons: You will love these crunchy wontons with or without hot crab filling. Enjoy them dipped in a sweet and sour sauce.
- Fried (Baked) Zucchini: Baked Zucchini Chips are great way to enjoy fried zucchini taste without the guilt. They are delicious dipped in marinara sauce or light ranch.
- Mozzarella Sticks: You can make your own Mozzarella Sticks at home with this easy recipe! Try dipping them in marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
- Shrimp Taco Bites: These shrimp taco bites with cilantro cream sauce are the perfect for when you don’t have a lot of time. These can be made in less than 15 minutes! You will love the flavor of these tasty little bites!
- Pulled Pork Nachos: Crispy tortilla chips serve as the base, topped with pulled pork, a simple homemade bbq sauce, black beans, melted cheddar cheese, and sour cream. You’ll reach for these pulled pork nachos again and again!
- Easy Oven Nachos: This is a very versatile recipe. I made this with grilled chicken and black beans because that is what I love. You can substitute shredded beef, ground beef, shredded chicken, or go the vegetarian route and use refried beans.
- Chex Mix: This toasty, savory mix is completely addicting. It’s ideal for when you get the munchies during the game.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers: See recipe below*
Sandwiches, Sliders, and Rolls
- Chili Cheese Dogs: Super easy to make, fun to eat, these are a winner!
- Meat and Cheese Tray: Meat and cheese trays are a great appetizer or an easy way for guests to make their own sandwiches. Perfect for a Super Bowl party.
- Cheesesteak Crescent Rolls: Cheesesteak Crescent Rolls always disappear fast! Flaky crescent rolls stuffed with sliced beef, sautéed onions and peppers, lots of gooey cheese make these the perfect appetizer.
- White Castle Sliders: White Castle Sliders you can make at home! If you’ve always wanted to replicate these popular burgers from the White Castle restaurant, this recipe is the real deal.
- Roast Beef Sliders: These Mushroom Swiss Roast Beef Sliders are really easy to put together. Tender beef with a tangy blue cheese horseradish sauce, these are to die for!
- Grilled Pork Loin Burgers: You are going to love these Grilled Pork Loin and Apple Burgers. The pork and apple flavors go so well together — touchdown good!
- Caprese Chicken Sliders: These Caprese Chicken Sliders are a tasty Italian style appetizer. The grilled chicken is a must! A fun “fusion” finger food perfect for any party!
- Australian Sausage Rolls: Australian Sausage Rolls are a seasoned, fresh sausage wrapped in a flaky, buttery pastry. Dip them in ketchup, marinara or Alfredo sauce, or barbecue sauce.
If you are planning to put on a full Super Bowl food spread in addition to Super Bowl snacks, check out these meat recipes. You can go as simple as wings, or as as fancy as skewers or ribs on the grill. Either way, you will love these Super Bowl recipes. They are all winners!
- Sweet and Spicy Appetizer Meatballs: These meatballs are cooked and kept warm in a crock pot. You will love the tangy sauce!
- Easy Philly Cheesesteaks: This Philly Cheesesteak is a meaty, cheesy HEAVEN. Tender beef pairs perfectly with peppers, onions and lots of cheese. You will love how easy they are to make.
- Mongolian Beef Satay: Mongolian Beef Satay is full of flavor! Strips of beef marinated in rich peanut oil, ginger, garlic and other spices then grilled to tender perfection.
- Grilled Steak Street Tacos: Grilled Steak Street Tacos are bursting with flavor. Tender steak combined with simple ingredients wrapped in corn or flour tortillas.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Hot Wings: Another crock pot recipe that is perfect for game day. These wings are flavorful and spicy.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings: The Air Fryer makes these wings crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve them with ranch dressing and some veggies on the side.
- Winger’s Wings: Our copycat recipe for Winger’s Wings is spot on. The sauce has the perfect balance of spicy and sweet.
- Winger’s Sticky Fingers: This is another copycat recipe from Winger’s restaurant. Only 4 ingredients and so easy to make!
- Easy Chicken Flautas: These Chicken Flautas are filled with chicken, salsa, and cheese and baked in the oven until crispy. Your whole family will love this easy, delicious recipe.
- Honey Berry Sriracha Skewers: These Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs are a favorite for grilling! Sweet glaze with just the right amount of spicy kick over tender chicken and peppers, grilled to perfection!
- Mafa Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce: This Mafa Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce is crispy fried chicken perfection. The strong marinade the chicken soaks in gives it the most amazing flavor.
- Caribbean Chicken and Bacon Kabobs: Grilled Caribbean Chicken and Bacon Kabobs are one of our favorites on the grill! Pineapple, marinated chicken, and bacon wrapped bananas, it’s a vacation on a stick!
- Sweet and Spicy Crockpot Ribs: These Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Ribs are so saucy, they literally fall off the bone. You will love how easy this method is — perfect every time!
- Crockpot Lil Smokies: This Crock Pot Lil Smokies Recipe is great for game days and parties. Only 3 ingredients – lil smokies, BBQ sauce, and our secret ingredient!
- Smoked Baby Back Pork Ribs: These Smoked Baby Back Ribs have the best BBQ sauce. It is unbelievably better than anything you can find in a bottle from a store. We smoke the ribs over the grill and smother it with this delicious BBQ sauce and voila!
- Blue Ribbon BBQ Ribs: These BBQ Ribs remind me a lot of Texas Roadhouse ribs, but better. Smothered in a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, these ribs are super easy to make and taste divine.
- Asian Glazed Pork Kabobs: You will love these Asian glazed pork kabobs! They’re a little savory and a little sweet and just tangy and delicious.
- Nectarine Pork Shish Kabobs: Sweet nectarines grilled with tender marinated pork is a match made in grilling heaven.
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Our Kalua Pork Pulled Pork Sandwich is bursting with sweet and tangy flavors. Tender shredded pork topped with crunchy slaw on a soft bun, these sandwiches are hearty and flavorful!
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies: These sweet and savory bites come together with just four ingredients. Make a bunch and watch this Super Bowl food disappear.
Potato Halves and Skins
Potatoes a Super Bowl food? Yes! If your going to have meat as a main dish, you’ve got to have a potato side dish to go with it. Many of these potato recipes make a great appetizer as well. Impress your guests with something unique like our Parmesan Potato Halves or our Loaded Potato Wedges. If you want to go all out, our stuffed potato recipes are hot, delicious, and filling and can pass as a main dish – especially our BBQ Beef Twice Baked Potatoes.
- Cheesy Potato Skins: Loaded Cheesy Potato Skins are a game day must! Crisp bacon, tender potato and lots of gooey cheese, this recipe rivals anything you can get at a restaurant.
- Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Potato Skins: These Broccoli Cheese Potato Skins are the perfect appetizer for any party. It’s like Broccoli Cheese Soup as a delicious finger food!
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves: These Parmesan Baked Potato Halves bake open face down in parmesan cheese creating a delicious buttery cheesy crust. Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Twice Baked Potatoes: Twice Baked Potatoes are a perfect side dish or appetizer for any occasion! You’ll love the cheesy mashed potatoes stuffed into crisp, buttery potato skins.
- Parmesan Garlic Grilled Potatoes: These Parmesan potatoes on the grill are one of our very favorite side dishes. They are so versatile and can be served with any of your favorite grilling recipes.
- BBQ Beef Twice Baked Potatoes: These BBQ Twice Baked Potatoes are everything you love about barbecue stuffed in a baked potato skin and baked to perfection.
Fries and Wedges
- Loaded Potato Wedges: Tender potatoes loaded with bacon, cheese and drizzled with rich sour cream. A winner for any occasion!
- Baked Potato Wedges: These Baked Potato Wedges are golden crisp on the outside, tender and flaky on the inside. A healthier alternative to French fries and so easy to make at home!
- Poutine (Canadian Smothered Fries): Poutine is a popular Canadian dish that will change the way you eat regular French fries. Instead of ketchup or fry sauce, these crispy fries are covered in cheese and beef gravy.
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries: Air Fryer French Fries give you the crisp texture of deep fried french fries with a fraction of the oil. The perfect quick and easy side dish or appetizer!
- Sweet Potato Fries: Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Lime Dip are a really popular at one of my favorite local restaurants. The crisp, sweet fries come with all kinds of dipping sauces, but I love the combination of sweet potato with spicy Chipotle lime.
More Potato Sides
- Potato Salad: This is the BEST Potato Salad recipe EVER. It comes straight from Mom’s recipe box. Tender chunks of potatoes and hard boiled eggs covered in creamy dressing is tried and true and a hit at any gathering!
- Cheesy Potato Cakes: These easy to make cheesy potato cakes are incredibly good, and the perfect thing to make as an appetizer or side dish. Plus, you are going to LOVE the sauce that goes over the top.
Save the best of the Super Bowl foods for last! Pull out one or several of these sweets after half-time and watch them disappear off the table. Cookies and brownies are always a hit, but why not throw in something out of the ordinary – like one of our cupcakes decorated with team colors or some flavored popcorn.
Super Bowl Munchies
- Almond Joy Chex Mix: This Almond Joy Homemade Chex Mix combines two favorite treats: Almond Joy Candy Bars and Muddy Buddy Chex Mix! Everything you love about muddy buddies with a chocolate coconut twist.
- Sweet Chex Mix: This Sweet Chex Mix Recipe is SINFULLY delicious! Loaded with chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, and marshmallows, it’s a party favorite and so easy to make.
- Muddy Buddies: This Classic Muddy Buddies recipe is crunchy and satisfying. Made with Chex Mix cereal, peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar, these bite-sized treats are always a hit.
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats: Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats take your traditional Rice Krispie treats to a whole new level. You will love the gooey caramel and the hint of salt.
- White Chocolate Popcorn: This White Chocolate Popcorn tastes like the popcorn from high-end candy shops or boutiques but for a fraction of the cost. And so easy to make with just two ingredients!
- Peanut Butter Popcorn: Caramel popcorn still ranks as one of the best go-to treats, but this Peanut Butter Popcorn gives caramel a run for its money. It is so yummy!
Cookies, Brownies, and Bites
- Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies: This is the only recipe for chocolate chip cookies you will ever need. They are to this day my favorite cookies ever! Perfectly soft and chewy every time.
- Homemade Brownies: These better than box mix brownies are PERFECT. Ooey and gooey right out of the oven, soft and chewy after they cool with a light, delicate flaky crust.
- Homemade Oreo Cookies: Homemade Oreo Cookies are what store bought Oreos wish they could be. Fluffy cream cheese filling is sandwiched between two chewy, fudgy cookies.
- Cherry Cheesecake Bites: Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are bite-size for a Super Bowl party dessert buffet, and with just six ingredients, they come together in a snap.
- Butterfinger Cheesecake Bites: These Butterfinger Bites are seriously little bites of HEAVEN. They are so addicting! If you are a Butterfinger lover, you are going to be crazy about these.
- Fruit Pizza: This Easy Fruit Pizza is a must try! Sugar cookie crust, cream cheese, and fresh fruit – what could possibly be better?
Cakes and Cupcakes
- Mounds Cupcakes: If you are a fan of Mounds candy bars, you will love these Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes! There is rich chocolate and chewy coconut in every incredible bite.
- Lemon Cupcakes: These Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Frosting taste like cupcakes you would buy at an expensive cupcake shop. Creamy lemon flavor in every bite.
- Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate Caramel Cake: Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate Cake is a chocolate lover’s dream! Moist chocolate cake with gooey, fudgy filling, cooked magically in the Crock Pot!
- Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake: This Double Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake is what dreams are made of. The bits of crushed Oreo in and on top of this cake are just heavenly. Add homemade cream cheese frosting to the mix and you have perfection.
- Texas Sheet Cake: Texas Sheet Cake is a moist, chocolate-y cake with a fudge-y, decadent frosting. It is easy to make and it can feed a crowd the size of Texas!
- Homemade Almond Joys: These Homemade Almond Joy are a family favorite! They are so delicious and easy to make! My husband likes these better than the actual candy bar.
- Belly Button Pretzel Kisses: These Belly Button M&M Pretzel Kisses are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. The creamy chocolate with the crunch of the pretzel is a little party in your mouth.
- Easy Chocolate Truffles: You won’t believe how simple these Easy Chocolate Truffles are to make. They look and taste impressive, but are basically fool-proof.
- Peanut Butter Bon Bons: These NO BAKE Peanut Butter Bon Bons are so addicting! They are really good on their own, but dipping them chocolate takes them over the top.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Conventional Oven
- Cookie Sheet Pan
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut jalapeños in half (lengthwise), then remove all seeds and membranes. They should look like little green boats.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Colby Jack cheese, garlic salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Spread cheese mixture into the jalapeños.
- Wrap each cheese filled jalapeño with a slice of bacon. Smaller jalapeños can be wrapped in a half slice of bacon.
- Place on rack over a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until bacon is done cooking to desired crispiness.
- Serve with ranch dressing or BBQ sauce for dipping.