This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These sweet and spicy noodles with the grilled chicken dish are so flavorful! It is a quick and easy dinner the whole family loves.
Featured with this recipe
This sweet and spicy noodles with grilled chicken are the perfect family dinner that is a MUST make! It is filling, flavorful, and so easy to make! The chicken is tender and juicy with all the flavor from the noodles and seasonings. It has an authentic taste with a sweet and savory sauce mixed together.
Making dinner is supposed to be fun and easy! That is just what this noodles and chicken dinner are all about. Chicken is always a winner and then add in everyone’s favorite noodles, now you have the perfect family dinner. The combination and flavors are so flavorful they will make your tastebuds thank you!
Sweet and Spicy Noodles and Grilled Chicken Ingredients
Marinate the chicken breasts before grilling, then cook your noodles in a delicious and flavorful sauce that is sweet and savory with a hint of spice.
- Chicken breasts – Marinated in peanut sauce overnight or at least an hour before making. We just use the House of Tsang Peanut Sauce from the grocery store.
- Noodles – We usually buy fully cooked Yaki Soba noodles or angel hair or spaghetti also works great. If you want to make it simple and short on time you can use ramen noodles that cook quickly compared to other noodles.
- Garlic – Cloves garlic minced and sauteed in oil creating the garlicky flavor in the pan.
- Olive oil – Use this to heat in the pan and saute the ingredients together. Olive oil has a beautiful smell and aroma about it. If you need to use sesame oil that will work too!
- Vegetable oil – Yes, you will need both oils for this recipe. Combined they will leave the sauce smooth and add in extra fat for flavor.
- White vinegar – It is a bit tart but it also has a hint of tart and zest to help balance out flavors with the sugars and oils.
- Sugar – A little boost of sweetness to balance out all the flavors.
- Sesame seeds – Always a fun topping to add to any authentic recipe.
- Soy sauce – We always like to use low-sodium soy sauce. It still has all the flavor and consistency just less salt in the liquid.
- Red pepper flakes – Add a few pepper flakes to the noodles. If this is too hot you can use more or less depending on how much spicy you like.
- Cilantro – A fresh herb that has leaves to garnish on top of the dish as it is being served. Fresh cilantro is best when using it as a garnish. Herbs are a great way to add flavor, color, and texture to any dish!
- Peanuts – Chopped peanuts make a great crunchy texture on top of the noodles with grilled chicken.
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Noodles with Chicken
Make this sweet and spicy noodles with grilled chicken for dinner each week, it is that good! You will love the sweet crunchy chicken and the soft noodles filled with so major flavor. Combined this chicken and noodle dish is always a requested dinner at our house!
- Marinade – At least an hour before cooking, put the chicken breasts in some peanut sauce to marinate in the fridge.
- Cook – If you need to cook the noodles, begin boiling them in a large pot over the stove. Once softened then drain them and set them aside. If you have precooked noodles, you can skip this step.
- Saute – In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the minced garlic in the olive oil. Then add the vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir together until sauce heats up and sugar dissolves.
- Combine – Add the cooked noodles to the sauce and stir to coat, keep over the stove on low heat while you grill the chicken. When the chicken is fully cooked, put noodles into individual bowls with grilled and sliced chicken over the top.
- Garnish – Top with chopped cilantro, green onion, and chopped peanuts.
“I followed this recipe exactly and it was absolutely delicious. My husband, 13 year old and I loved it! I will probably add some broccoli next time just to get a vegetable in but it was so yummy. I will definitely be making this again.”-Laura
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! We love using grilled chicken, but we have also made this recipe using shrimp and both are really good! Even try it with tofu for a lighter version. We haven’t tried it with beef or pork, but if you try it that way, be sure to leave a comment and let us know how it works out.
We always love to add vegetables to any meal! Simply cook red bell pepper, sliced cabbage, green beans, snow peas, sliced onions, or chopped carrots to the top of the noodles then add the chicken and stir together.
Chili garlic sauce or sriracha sauce are both great options to add on top when about to eat.
How to Store Sweet and Spicy Noodles with Chicken
Place the leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for three to four days long. You can even separate the chicken and noodles or place them together in one container. When ready to reheat, place the noodles with the chicken in the microwave or oven to warm up until warmed through.
More Noodles, Please!
If you love cooking with noodles in any form, you will definitely enjoy some of these other great recipes. They are so simple to make and come together quickly on a busy night. You will have to try them all!
Sweet and Spicy Noodles with Grilled Chicken
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
- 3 chicken breasts marinated in peanut sauce (we just use the House of Tsang Peanut Sauce from the grocery store)
- 1 pound noodles fully cooked (we used Yaki Soba noodles, but I have also done angel hair)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- chopped cilantro to taste for garnish
- chopped peanuts to taste for garnish
- At least an hour before cooking, put the chicken breasts in some peanut sauce to marinate in the fridge (the longer the better).
- If you need to cook the noodles, begin boiling them in a large pot over the stove. We usually buy the fully cooked Yaki Soba noodles. if you did you can skip this step.
- In a large fry pan, over medium heat, brown the minced garlic in the olive oil. Then add the vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir together until sauce heats up and sugar dissolves.
- Add the cooked noodles to the sauce and stir to coat, keep over the stove on low heat while you grill the chicken. When chicken is fully cooked, put noodles into individual bowls with grilled and sliced chicken over the top.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.