Sweet and Spicy Noodles with Grilled Chicken is so flavorful! It is a quick and easy dinner that everyone loves.
My mother-in-law, Mary Ann, made these sweet and spicy noodles for us way back when Beau and I were first married. I had to get the recipe, it has the best flavor! Over the years we have made a few minor adjustments and this version is our favorite way to make it. This is one of those meals that we make all the time and it has actually been on the blog for a long time but I figured that we have changed it enough over the years that it was time for a re-post.
My oldest daughter says this is in her top 5 favorite foods. You can make it with chicken or shrimp, both are really good!
- 2-3 chicken breasts marinated in peanut sauce (we just use the House of Tsang Peanut Sauce from the grocery store)
- 1 lb noodles fully cooked (we used Yaki Soba noodles, but I have also done angel hair)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/3 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/8 c. sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- chopped cilantro to taste for garnish
- chopped peanuts to taste for garnish
- At least an hour before cooking, put the chicken breasts in some peanut sauce to marinate in the fridge (the longer the better).
- If you need to cook the noodles, begin boiling them in a large pot over the stove. We usually buy the fully cooked Yaki Soba noodles. if you did you can skip this step.
- In a large fry pan, over medium heat, brown the minced garlic in the olive oil. Then add the vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir together until sauce heats up and sugar dissolves.
- Add the cooked noodles to the sauce and stir to coat, keep over the stove on low heat while you grill the chicken. When chicken is fully cooked, put noodles into individual bowls with grilled and sliced chicken over the top.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts.