These One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles are as easy as they are delicious! No creams or large amounts of butter, making this meal a winner all-around!
One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles
These one pot (well.. technically one “pan”) skinny creamy garlic noodles are a HUGE hit with my family. We have made them at least once a month for the last several months using all sorts of variations. My kids are crazy about them and request them all the time (and I am happy to oblige because they are SO easy)! This recipe doesn’t use heavy cream or large amounts of butter, but it tastes JUST as good as recipes that do. Cooking the noodles in the chicken broth and milk is like magic. No draining and only ONE POT to clean! A total win-win.
To make this a full meal, just add a little chicken. I love adding grilled chicken but you can add baked, shredded, or pan-fried. To keep it a true “one pot” meal, pan frying the chicken is the way to go. First, season the chicken with Italian seasoning and cook it up in the same skillet you want to cook the noodles in (before cooking the noodles). Then, sauté the chicken until it is cooked most of the way through and remove from the pan, place on a plate, and cover. Wipe the pan out (be careful because the pan will be hot) and make the noodles as per the recipe below. Lastly, add the chicken after a few minutes into the noodles simmering and follow the rest of the recipe as directed.
If you want to add vegetables, add them 10 minutes or so before serving. You can add veggies like broccoli, peas, asparagus… you get the picture. You can make these noodles as a full meal or as an easy side dish — totally up to you!
Love One-Pot meals?
Try these delicious One-Pot recipes!
- One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Bowls: Chicken, vegetables, and rice cooked in a delicious teriyaki sauce.
- One Pot Jambalaya Pasta: All of the flavors and seasonings of Jambalaya combined with pasta.
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta: This features shrimp or chicken, noodles, vegetables, seasonings, and peanuts all cooked together in a light, creamy peanut sauce.
- Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage: A flavorful meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. The sauce is amazing!
How to make One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles
- 4 Tbsp. butter divided
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz chicken broth (3 3/4 cups)
- 2 1/2 c. milk add more if needed
- 1 lb. linguini
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2/3 c. Parmesan cheese
- 4 c. broccoli optional
- 2 chicken breasts grilled and cut into strips (optional. See notes above on how to make chicken part of the "one-pot" meal if you don't want to grill)
- In a large, 5-6 quart skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. If you don't have a large skillet, a stock-pot works well, too. Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add chicken broth, milk, remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, pasta noodles, salt and pepper, and basil. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer stirring occasionally for 16-20 minutes or until noodles have cooked through.
- If you are wanting to add broccoli, add it after about 10 minutes into the simmering process.
- Stir in Parmesan when noodles are finished cooking and add a little milk if necessary if necessary to reach your desired consistency.
The following recipe is adapted from Yellow Bliss Road – check her out!