The Food and Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure Park is the place to have a California culinary adventure! The climate in California is ideal for growing produce like avocados, corn, olives, artichokes, lemons, and more. At the Food and Wine Festival, these foods and more are prepared in a unique and fresh way to give guests a sample of the flavors of California.
The Disneyland Resort is filled with magic around every corner. With classic attractions, dazzling entertainment and fun for the entire family, it’s truly magical. However, what truly makes it The Happiest Place on Earth for us is the food! Lucky for us, Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival takes place every spring! Because of this, we’ve partnered with our friends at Get Away Today to give you the inside scoop on this popular event. So, get your taste buds ready and let’s get started!
When is the Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival?
Guests who visit Disney California Adventure Park during the spring can experience the beloved Food and Wine Festival. Check the Disneyland Resort website for the exact dates of the festival and for special events during the festival.
What Can I Expect?
If you’ve never heard of this event, you’re in for a treat! Here, guests can indulge in California-inspired food and beverage items. With over a dozen kiosks, each influenced by California-grown ingredients, you’re sure to find something that everyone will love. In addition to the delicious cuisine, guests can also enjoy family-friendly activities. If you have little chefs in your family, they can join in on the fun at Jr. Chef. Kids 3-11 will have an opportunity to have a hands-on “cooking” experience. With supervision from Chef Goofy, this is a great way for aspiring chefs to learn how to follow a recipe, combine ingredients and enjoy their creation. While it may get a little messy, this is an experience your kids will never forget!
Additionally, families can attend culinary seminars at the Backlot State in Hollywood Land at 3:00 on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Here, families can learn from Chef Daniella Malfitano on how to turn mealtime into family time.
Sip and Savor Pass
The Sip and Savor Pass is a great way to save money on the food and drinks from the booths at the Food and Wine Festival. It can be purchased from information booths at the festival and comes on a lanyard with a full menu guide. Each pass comes with 8 pull tabs redeemable for festival food and drinks. As an added value, annual pass holders can use their discount on the purchase of a Sip and Savor Pass!
Food and Wine Festival Guide
There are so many yummy booths in Disney California Adventure Park to choose from, each featuring ingredients grown around the state of California. Menus are also conveniently marked with dishes that are vegetarian or gluten free. Below are the menus along with some of the dishes we sampled during the 2019 Food and Wine Festival. Each year there are new offerings to experience.
- Petite Impossible Burger with Guac and Pepper Jack Cheese (V)
- Spiced Roasted Chicken on Pita
- Suja Organic Pineapple Passionfruit Kombucha (non-alcoholic)
- Strawberry and Coconut Rice “Frushi” with Sweet Oikos Yogurt (GF, V)
- Fresh California Berry Pie (V)
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- Strawberry Float with Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Crunch Cereal Garnish (non-alcoholic)
California Craft Brews
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls with Marinara and Pesto Sauce
- Orange Chicken and Rice
- Citrus-brined Pork Roast
- Meyer Lemon Blue Diamond Almond Macaron (GF, V)
- Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic)
- Harris Ranch Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider with Chimichurri Sauce
- Salt and Vinegar Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Watermelon Lemonade with Watermelon Garnish (non-alcoholic)
Elote Cart at the entrance to Cars Land
- Double Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings
- Elote (Mexican Street Corn on the Cob (GF)
- Creamy Mac & Cheese (V)
- Black Garlic Soy-braised Pork Belly Banh Mi
- Chocolate Crunch Cake
- Deconstructed Teriyaki Chicken Musubi with Pineapple Relish
- Anaheim Chile Relleno Bites with Salsa Verde (V)
- Chocolate-Peanut-Caramel Parfait (GF)
- Yippee! Mickey’s Cotton Candy Soda (non-alcoholic)
I Heart Artichokes
- Fried Artichokes with Blue Diamond Almond Aioli (V)
- Artichoke Toast with Olive Tapenade (V)
- Blue Diamond Almond Cake (V)
- Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Taco with Pickled Ginger
- BLT Chicharrón Duro with Ranch Crema
Nuts About Cheese
- Fiscalini White Cheddar Lager Soup served in a Mini Boudin Sourdough Bowl
- Ham and Vella Jack Cheese Pinwheel with Smoked Pistachios
- Creamy Oikos Yogurt Cheesecake
Off the Cob
- Esquites Sweet Corn Nuggets with Bacon Lardons
- Shrimp Boil Tacos with Andouille Sausage and Fresh Corn (GF)
- Peach Tea (non-alcoholic)
- Verlasso Sustainable Salmon Peruvian Poke with Cucumber-lime Salad and Aji Verde Salsa (GF)
- Ghost Pepper Mac & Cheese (V)
Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit
- Grilled Asparagus Chicken Caesar Salad
- Cauliflower Ceviche with Chile Corn Crumble and Tortilla Strips (V)
- Duo of Frozen Strawberry and Lime Fruit Bars
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
If the idea of sampling the delicious foods of California is tempting your tastebuds, you would also love the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. During the festival, over 40 global marketplaces provide delicious dishes and desserts from all over the world. If you haven’t been, put it on your bucket list! There is nowhere else you can experience the flavors of the world all in one beautiful place.
How Can I Book?
If you want to experience the 2020 Food and Wine Festival, you’re in luck! Traveling to the Disneyland Resort is more affordable than ever before! To book your next vacation to The Happiest Place on Earth, visit getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY to speak to one of their travel experts. Don’t forget to mention promo code FAVORITE for an additional $10 off your vacation package. Let them know that Favorite Family Recipes sent you!