I got this idea from my good friend, Lexi. Her family grew up having these (her family actually calls them “bear claws” but I didn’t want to confuse anyone searching for pastries so we will call them Sloppy Joe Cups). They are delicious! It’s basically just a fun and different way to have Sloppy Joes. I like the taste of the biscuit with the sloppy joe mix and I love the melted cheese over the top. Definitely worth a try if you are in the mood for a quick and easy (and cheap) dinner!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- 2 c. sloppy joe sauce (homemade or canned)
- shredded cheddar cheese (I like sharp cheddar best)
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion. Add sloppy joe sauce and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. While beef mixture is simmering, open biscuit dough and press individual biscuits into a greased muffin tin forming a "cup".
- Place a scoop of beef mixture into the center of each biscuit cup and bake at 350-degrees for about 15-20 minutes (take them out when the edges are a deep, golden brown). Immediately top with cheese, then serve!