Mexican Corn Cup in a Cup is inspired by the treat at the Cozy Cone in Disney’s California Adventure. Such a delicious appetizer, snack or side dish.
Mexican Street Corn in a Cup
Mexican street corn, or elote, in a cup is an easy mess-free way to go when you are craving Mexican street corn. Everything is layered nicely in a cup that can easily be carried around. The first time I saw someone eating Mexican corn in a cup was at Disneyland, well, California Adventure.If you have ever been to Cars Land at Disney’s California Adventure, you have surely seen the GIANT orange traffic cones right as you walk in. Each of these cones has a different theme and serves a different kind of treat. If you mosey on down to cone #5 you will find the Champion Corn Cups– Disneyland’s version of a Mexican corn cup. But if you’re not heading to California Adventure anytime soon, you can make them at home!
Suggestions for the Best Mexican Corn in a Cup
- Traditional cheese used for Mexican street corn is cotija cheese. Cotija can sometimes be difficult to find so queso fresco is a good alternative. Cotija crumbles nicely and has a nice, salty flavor. It is similar to Feta cheese but is a little more dry and crumbly, which makes it great for sprinkling on your favorite Mexican dishes.
- Use frozen or canned corn for this recipe, or…
- If you want to go all-out and actually grill FRESH corn for this recipe, you absolutely can. You can use THIS recipe for Grilled Mexican Street Corn or use the kernels from fresh, perfect corn on the cob recipe.
- After grilling the corn you can use a knife and cut the kernels into a large bowl and follow the rest of the recipe below as directed.
- If you want to add a little more substance to this recipe to serve as a side dish or even as a dip, you can always add some additional ingredients. You can add grilled zucchini, sliced cherry tomatoes, avocado, chopped jalapeños and/or sautéed onion.
More Delicious Corn Recipes
Can’t get enough delicious corn in your life? Same here! We’ve gathered a few of our favorite recipes for you to try:
- Southern Corn Casserole
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- How to Cook Frozen Corn (the right way)
- Sweet Corn Cakes
Special Disneyland Discount just for YOU
Want to just get to Disney to try the Champion Corn Cups in real life? Well we will do our best to help you make that happen! Right now you can get adult tickets at KIDS prices through our friends at Get Away Today. Click HERE to see the deal. Don’t forget to use our EXCLUSIVE code FAVORITE for even MORE savings on your next trip!
How to make Mexican Street Corn in a Cup
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add sugar.
- When water is boiling, add corn and cover with lid.
- Simmer corn for 3-5 minutes or until corn is cooked though and tender.
- While corn in simmering, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sriracha, Kosher salt, and lime salt in a small bowl.
- When corn is done cooking, drain well and return to pan. Allow to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Add sriracha-mayo mixture to the corn and until well combined.
- Divide corn into 4 individual cups and top with queso fresco, cilantro, a dash of chili powder, and a lime wedge.
- Serve immediately.