This honey BBQ Chicken is sure to be a hit at your next summer barbecue! There is something about making your own sauce that makes your food taste so much better. Maybe because there is less preservatives than the bottled stuff, I’m not really sure. This is especially true with this Honey BBQ sauce! It is sweet and tangy and just delicious, we smothered it all over our chicken. We made this chicken with the Pesto Potatoes that I posted a few weeks ago and it was a delicious dinner! It would also be prefect cut up over salad.
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. honey
- 3 Tbsp. Worcetershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Yellow mustard
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes. Set aside. Pour 1/2 of the sauce in a small bowl for basting the chicken.
- I like to pound the chicken a little before I grill it so it cooks evenly. Grill the chicken on medium high heat, you want to cook it 7 to 10 minutes on each side. It tastes best if you only turn it once.
- Baste generously with the small bowl of sauce every 3 or 4 minutes. Serve with the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.