This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Pesto Potatoes are such a simple and savory side dish! Tender potatoes, coated with flavorful pesto and roasted to crispy perfection.
Pesto Potatoes are a fantastic side dish. Diced potatoes coated in pesto and roasted or grilled to perfection. So easy and packed with cheesy, nutty flavor! Pesto is so tasty on just about anything: pasta, sandwiches, chicken, veggies, and especially potatoes. If you haven’t used pesto much in cooking, you must try it! Whether you are looking to switch up your boring side-dish rut or trying to impress guests with your amazing culinary skills, these potatoes are for you!
Suggestions for the Perfect Pesto
Pesto originated in Genoa, Italy and is made with basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. You can make your own pesto or purchase it pre-made. Try our delicious homemade pesto recipe; it is my favorite! I’ve also found a really great pre-made option at Costco in their refrigerated section. There are also dry mixes you can buy at the grocery store, but homemade is definitely the best in my opinion.
To Roast or Grill?
- Roasting: We usually throw these potatoes in the oven and roast them at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes. They’re crisp, tender inside and perfectly flavorful.
- Grilling: Sometimes in the summer, instead of cooking with the oven and heating up the house, we will just wrap these in foil and cook them over the grill. Just cook them over medium heat. They are ready to eat when you peel back some of the foil and potatoes are fork tender and break apart easily.
What to Serve with Pesto Potatoes
We like to make zesty potatoes to accompany when we are grilling up steaks or chicken. They are great on their own but we like to dip ours in sour cream or Ranch dressing. Try them with any of these delicious recipes:
- New York Steaks
- Tri-Tip Roast
- Pesto Chicken with Bacon and Roasted Red Peppers
- Honey Mustard Nectarine Pork Kabobs
- Grilled Malibu Chicken
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
How to Make Pesto Potatoes
- Scrub (but don’t peel) potatoes and cut into large cubes then place all the pieces in a large plastic bag. Add about ¾ cup pesto sauce to the bag and shake it around until the pesto is coating all the potato pieces.
- Pour the contents of the bag out onto a cookie sheet. Arrange the potatoes so they are laying flat then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until they begin to look lightly toasted.