This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These air fryer Brussels sprouts are the best Brussels sprouts you will ever make! They are easy, flavorful, and cook in minutes.
Featured with this recipe
- Ingredients for Easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- How to Make Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- Recipe Tip for the Best Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Storing Leftover Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Before I got an air fryer, I didn’t love making Brussels sprouts. Sometimes I would cook Brussels sprouts in the oven, or sometimes I would boil them, but they just never wowed me. Now that I know how to air fry them, I make them all the time! This air fryer recipe produces crispy Brussels sprouts with tender insides. They make a great veggie side dish with chicken or beef.
These healthy Brussels sprouts are just what you need paired next to any main dish! They are light, tasty, and easy to make. Let the air fryer do all the work! It crisps the outside edges and gives these Brussels sprouts just the touch of tenderness, with all flavor! Air fry Brussels sprouts are the new way of enjoying vegetables!
Ingredients for Easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Take your Brussels sprouts to the next level using an air fryer! It is a simple appliance that makes these Brussels sprouts stand out from the rest. Roasting Brussels sprouts in an air fryer leave them crisp and flavorful in every bite. Make these time and time again with these pantry favorite ingredients that can be kept on hand.
- Brussels sprouts – Make sure to peel off any papery or brown outer leaves before preparing.
- Olive oil – Olive oil helps the Brussels sprouts crisp up in the air fryer. It leaves a natural coating and flavor on the sprouts themselves.
- Balsamic vinegar – Brussels sprouts are naturally bitter and vinegar helps to balance the bitterness.
- Salt and pepper – Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges – I like to serve Brussels sprouts with freshly grated parmesan cheese and lemon wedges, just to round out the flavors.
How to Make Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
It really is a simple process to use an air fryer and make some of the most delicious vegetables out there! Not everyone loves vegetables, especially Brussels sprouts. With this air fryer Brussels sprouts recipe, you will have family and friends changing their minds after one bite. Get ready to blow minds with the perfect sprouts made in an air fryer!
- Prepare – Start by washing and drying the Brussels sprouts. Then, cut the end of the stem off, and cut the sprouts in half.
- Toss – Place the sprouts in a medium bowl and toss them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Air fry – Place the brussels sprouts in the air fryer and cook at 370 for 10 minutes.
- Shake – Halfway through the cooking time, remove the basket and shake it to make sure the sprouts don’t burn.
- Serve – Serve immediately with parmesan cheese and lemon wedges.
Sometimes I like to switch it up and add some other flavors to this dish. These air fryer Brussels sprouts have been a great snack to have on hand or a side dish for our dinners. Try these variations for different ways to enjoy your Brussels sprouts! Really, there are so many ways you can make these air fryer Brussels sprouts your own.
- Spicy – If you love spicy, then you will love adding Sriracha, smoked paprika, or red pepper flakes for a little spice.
- Balsamic glaze – Give it a more Italian flavor by adding in balsamic glaze. Cooked bacon is always delicious with this drizzle too!
- Lighter side – A simple lemon juice, vinegar, and olive oil mixture is delicious and refreshing. Sprinkle some kosher salt and you have a great combination!
- Seasoning – Sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder for a classic combination.
- Kids – Add maple syrup or honey to sweeten the air fryer sprouts.
Recipe Tip for the Best Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
When placing the sprouts in the air fryer, make sure they are in a single layer with the flat side facing down. If there are too many sprouts to make a single layer, then you may have to cook them in multiple batches. If they are layered on top of each other, then you won’t get the crispy air fryer Brussels sprouts you want.
“Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!”-Allyssa
Brussels Sprouts! Brussels Sprouts are from Brussels, Belgium so the correct way is with the proper name of the city. If these sprouts were from Indianapolis, we would still call them Indianapolis Sprouts, even with the S on the end.
Yes! You do not need to thaw the Brussels sprouts ahead of time. Take them from the freezer and place them in the air fryer without seasoning them. Increase the cooking temp to 390, and cook for 14 minutes. About halfway through, take the sprouts out and toss them with the seasonings. Then, continue the cooking time from the recipe.
If you do not take the time to shake the air fryer basket during the cooking process you may have burnt your sprouts. Using oil will also help cook the sprouts evenly and give them that soft middle.
No, that is not necessary. Soaking or not soaking Brussels sprouts is up to you. If you do, soak them for 20 minutes and then rinse them off before trimming.
You will want to make sure that you have a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket. Having too many brussels sprouts on the bottom and overlapping will make them mushy or not cooked evenly. The air fryer will circulate better with an even layer on the bottom basket.
For all the Brussels sprout lovers they know using salt helps take out the bitterness. Salting helps balance and add flavor throughout the cooking process.
Storing Leftover Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Take any leftovers that you have and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to reheat. Air fryer brussel sprouts will last for a few days in the fridge. When ready to reheat, place in the air fryer, microwave, or store and cook until warmed through.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
These Brussels sprout recipes are delicious and full of flavor! Try these unique ways of enjoying Brussels sprouts as a side dish, dipped in sauce, or as an appetizer. All of these recipes are easy to make and come together quickly!
How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts with cold water. Cut off the tails and cut the sprouts in half.
- Toss the sprouts in the oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Place the sprouts in the air fryer basket, flat side down. Cook at 370 for 10 minutes. Shake half way through.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and lemon wedges.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.