These Sautéed Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts are such a great side dish for Springtime. They are light and buttery with a hint of fresh lemon.
I love brussel sprouts… especially when they are extra buttery! My husband on the other hand, isn’t the biggest fan. When I made these the other night we BOTH chowed down on them! These sauteed brussel sprouts turned out so good! The lemon just adds such a fresh, bright flavor! I couldn’t be happier with how these babies turned out. This is a great one if you are looking to get out of your side-dish rut!
Sauteed Lemon-Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- Clean the brussel sprouts by trimming off the ends and peeling the outer layer of the sprout off. Cut each one in half.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once heated, add the halved brussel sprouts to the pan and saute for about 7-8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized brown and the inside is soft and fully cooked.
- Add the garlic half way through the cooking.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add the cheese on top and serve.
Recipe adapted from What’s Gaby Cooking